Digital (Smart) Notebooks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I take a lot of notes and scribble all the time. I have a stack of used printer paper in front of my keyboard on which I take notes, draw schematics and so on. It works but it is very clumsy and organising the info is impossible.

Untill, I discovered Digital (Smart) Note books. I have ordered a Rocketbook. It uses regular Pilot Frixion pens and has an app that lets you scan and store a page using your phone. And, it has OCR, can selectively store to different cloud based locations, and recognizes tags in the title bar from which it both generates a file name and later allows you to search pages. Plus once scanned, the pages are easily erased and reused. You can also buy Beacons which are four triangles you can attach to a whiteboard so you can capture, store and later search the info on it.

While waiting for mine to arrive I checked out some videos and discovered there are many alternative products that achieve essentially the same functions in different ways.

Does anybody already use a Digital (Smart) Notebook? What do you think of them?

Cheers

ian

Yes, you do need to scan each page with your phone but it only takes a few seconds for a page - a lot less time than it took to write it.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back