Where to buy schadow/ITT style F4 switches

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

I went to my regular UK supplier (rapid electronics) of the 4 pole version of the F switches (like those used for ratio switches on an 1176) & they now have a minimum order quantity of 1000 :( :( :(

I'm looking for another supplier with a good price.  I know Colin at Audio Maintenance sells the blue & white ALPS version, but I'm looking for ones with the pcb tags on the bottom & solder lugs on the top preferably.  This is because they are to replace parts on my MCI console where some connetcion are made on the top solder lugs in places, & it would be a pain using the ALPS ones.

Anyone got any ideas ?

RS and Farnell are stockists of ITT switches, formally known as Schadow.
Could do with a picture tho'.

Frank

jensenmann said:
http://www.toneluck.com/product2.html

Although I guess it may be worth trying some of their distributors, although inthe past I've always found them to have a 100 as minimum order quantity too.

The switches at Rapid are Toneluck.   Bearing in mind that Rapid's minimum order quantity is now 1000, have a guess what toneluck's minimum order quantitiy is ?

It may be worth my while trying a few of tonelucks distributors, but when I tried this before the minimum quantity was always 1000.

ruffrecords said:
What's the likely demand for these? Is it worth thinking about a group buy?

Cheers

Ian

They are used quite a lot by different manafacturers.  I need them specifically for my MCI Jh428console, but I used a lot of the F2's in my Trident.    If for example I was doing a wholesale replacement of just the routing switches in my MCI I would need 448. 

I was buying the F4’s by the 50 or 100 from Rapid, but they have changed they have changed the minimum order quantity to 1000 & made it a non stock item.  A shame because the price breaks were pretty good 57p ex VAT each by the 100.  Whereas Digikey are £1.82
for 100+.

Did you have any luck with this Rob?

I'm after 224 of the 4pdt of switches

We just re-switched (and re-gain-potted) a 32-channel Toft audio console here at work. We used genuine schadow gold-plated for the 4-pole switches (from Mouser) and C&K for the 2-pole switches.

Probably more effort than the console really warranted, but at least it's all crackle-free for now.

As long as the customer is happy :D Re-switching and potting is a bit of a chore and expensive but worth it, the work will last decades. Hopefully!

I'm looking at this place, I like the price and it is exactly the part I need
http://uk.futureelectronics.com/en/technologies/electromechanical/switches/pushbutton/Pages/5257274-F4UEETB01A.aspx?IM=0

SSLtech said:
We just re-switched (and re-gain-potted) a 32-channel Toft audio console here at work. We used genuine schadow gold-plated for the 4-pole switches (from Mouser) and C&K for the 2-pole switches.

Probably more effort than the console really warranted, but at least it's all crackle-free for now.

Hi SSLtech,

Do you have the part numbers for the Schadow and C&K switches ?
Many of the switches on my Toft ATB are noisy.
What switches did you replace ?

Thanks
Eric

Latest posts

Back