Delta 1010...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I upgraded the power supply caps. Bigger UF for sure. high temp and higher voltage only if you can find some that fit. I think I changed the 470uf to 1000uf

I also run some little computer fans on the side of units. Without them they run so hot!!

Haha....Umm yes. I don't what the double smiles mean...probably over my head :) But they do sound surprisingly OK though I can't wait to upgrade and I have a sneaky suspicion that my 882 20bit interface sounded a little bit smoother....

But thats life! they work fine

I got hold of a design from someone to mod the clock. I must have spent months figuring how to implement it, many of the permutations didn't work and when I finally did upgrade that clock my ears heard almost no difference! My unsolicited opinion about upgrading the  clock - dont!

two little wires hang out of pads where the crystal went on the card itself. These two wires go to a small little pcb with components on it for the clock circuit. Like I say, the op amp changes were the thing  that made me hear a totally new unit! I mean the audio playback was just louder and fuller sounding, if  that made sense. Most other changes were an absorbing glut of time that could have been spent at a pub drinking quality larger and generally enjoying myself.

ahh okay so instead of the crystal, you replaced it with something else. Shoot I'll bite. Do you have that info? :) I think I might try it.
Since I don't go to pubs anymore, I got to keep busy  ;D
Thanks!

why not first just hook something up to the spdif-in. that way your 1010 will be clocked by the outside source. it might not be the clock you want, but you'll find out fast and without a lot of hard work if it's worth the trouble.
J

abechap024 said:
Yea maybe so. good idea! But that would require me to buy something I can clock it to...
do you?  your DVD or CD player might have a digital out?...and I'm sure someone you know have an audioproduct with spdif. just ask around among your friends.

Latest posts

Back