New Ribbon microphone from Marik!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Mulletchuck for stopping by my booth (sorry, I was not able to spend more time chatting during the show), and Ptownkid for good words!

Jeez! I did not pay attention the pics were huge! I resized them for better fit.

Will get and post more sound clips with different sources soon.

Best, M

Today first serious review of the mic was posted on recordinghacks:

http://recordinghacks.com/2012/04/12/samar-audio-mf65-review/#more-3880

Best, M

A friend of mine in New York bought a pair and has nothing but great things to say and his mic cupboard is not shabby.  Congrats Marik, if and when I get back to tracking I'll be checking these out.

And I should add that the SAMAR MF65 is a very nice microphone.

The build quality is excellent, and the top end response and detail is far beyond what one would expect to hear from a ribbon microphone. In fact it is hard to believe you are hearing a ribbon mic.

I just had mine up against a good RCA 77DX, and Marik's little mic was by far the better mic.  ;)

Mark,

Do you happen to have a demo set floating around the States?  I have an upcoming project where I may have the budget to buy a stereo pair of Ribbons for drum overheads and these are in the running (although at the top end of what's possible).  I'm in L.A.

Cheers,
Ruairi

zebra50 said:
And I should add that the SAMAR MF65 is a very nice microphone.

The build quality is excellent, and the top end response and detail is far beyond what one would expect to hear from a ribbon microphone. In fact it is hard to believe you are hearing a ribbon mic.

I just had mine up against a good RCA 77DX, and Marik's little mic was by far the better mic.  ;)

Thank you Zebra! That kind of compliment means a lot when it is coming from a ribbon mic Master!

emrr said:
I would love to have one.  I don't doubt it's superior.

Hey Doug,

With new distribution the prices will go up effective on May 1st. If you'd like to secure it, please contact me privately.

ruairioflaherty said:
Mark,

Do you happen to have a demo set floating around the States?  I have an upcoming project where I may have the budget to buy a stereo pair of Ribbons for drum overheads and these are in the running (although at the top end of what's possible).  I'm in L.A.

Ruairi,

Dang! I wish you told me just a couple days ago--the demo pair left LA this Thursday--you could just easily pick it up...
Please email me to mark(at)samaraudiodesign(dot)com and we will arrange something.

Best, M

Our new ribbon microphone model AL39 is out soon.
Check it out:

http://samaraudiodesign.com/Products.html

Best, M

AL39Pic3.jpg

Back