Bernie Torelli / Nomad Factory

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helterbelter

Guys,

I'm pretty sure some of you are already aware of this, but I'd like to bring this to your attention anyway :

From a promotional email from Don't Crack that I received the beginning of december :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today we are sad to announce that our friend Bernie Torelli has been admitted in a hospital in Los-Angeles for a serious spine disease due to a cancer he was diagnosed with over two years ago.

Although it is very serious at this time, there are chances that Bernie will make a full recovery, if all the necessary care is done. But the medical costs have already devastated Bernie’s family financial situation, making any chance of necessary surgery nearly impossible !

We have therefore decided to help him out by raising funds by promoting and donating the receipts of Nomad Factory’s best selling products :

• MAGNETIC II, ECHOES and COSMOS at the no brainer cost of ONLY $19.
• The Magnetics Bundle II that contains ALL three plug-ins is actually dropped at ONLY $49!
• And all other Nomad Factory products are sold at up to 75% discount !
• Direct Donations may be adressed via Paypal at : [email protected]

It is needless to say that 90% of the income provided through this promotion will be directly sent to Bernie’s wife for her to manage the mounting health costs but also continue to pay Nomad Factory’s employees that have been continuously working on product development and customer support during Bernie’s illness.

That is certainly the most important reason for Bernie to fight for his life as all of his time has loyally been devoted to his work, his employees, his friends and most of all, his family… Great new products are almost ready to launch…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I got this in my mailbox :
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Paul,

Today I am very pleased to announce that Bernie has had his long-awaited spine surgery yesterday and it appears to have been very successful. He wrote a short message to let all of us know that the surgery removed most of the terrible pain he was enduring these past months due to numerous tumours and fractured vertebras in his lumbar spine...

It is also with great pleasure that I am able to announce that we have already collected and sent over $100 000 to Bernie's family ! But that is unfortunately still far from the necessary funds needed to cover Bernie's growing medical costs...

We will therefore keep the "Raising Funds" promotion going until January 10, 2013.
So please use any of the links below to spread the good word as far and loud as you possibly can...

• Please share our "Raising Funds" post on your FACEBOOK page.
• You may also want to RT (re-tweet) our announcement on TWITTER

On behalf of Bernie and his family, I want to thank ALL of you for your great support and your kind generosity.

This has also been a great opportunity for all of you to demo and purchase Nomad Factory software at a very attractive price. It is simply amazing to read the incredible user testimonials posted here in our forums as well as on KVR Audio, Gearslutz, Motunation, Cakewalk and so many other great boards.

We at DontCrack want to wish you a very Merry Xmas and a healthy New Year !

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So........
Just so you know, you can help Mr. Bernie Torelli by buying a few of his plugs for really cheap ! Or just donate of course.

a few links :
http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2013/12/funds-for-nomad/
http://store.dontcrack.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=39

I have posted this in the Plug Ins section as well, I hope this isn't against the policy of groupdiy (If so, I apologise Ethan !)

Hi Guys,
a little bump. The promotion ends today.

I have been twiddling a bit with the cosmos and echoes plugins, and I really, really like these. I bought the Magnetic 1 a few years ago. This is a nice plugin but you should be aware that you can easily overdo what you need. But, for this low price, it's a no-brainer. Keep the controls in moderate settings and you get great results..

I compared the Pulse Tec plugin with the UAD Pultec-Pro. There's a little difference in sound regarding depth : the UAD is a bit more up-front, the NF version has a bit more aura.  But I can't say one of these is better than the other. So....

And the Cosmos is really awesome, a bit like an enhanced Aphex aural exciter, but easier to get great results without overdoing it. But also with this one : keep the controls in moderate settings.

So..... do your DAW a favour and check these out. You're helping yourself and the Torelli family.

Latest posts

Back