what will make a nice next project?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi mich,

sounds fun! could u elaborate a bit more on driving the output tx?

While not having tried this much myself I figure it would be nice to drive a TX more and still get an usable level into your soundcard. If you don't have an attenuator after the output-TX you'de be forced to keep the micpre-gain lower. If you have a before outp-TX & after outp-TX gain (or /level)-control you can adjust 'drive' & 'sane level to soundcard' separate from each other. I expect it can give interesting coloration-varations.

Maybe others with actual API- or other TX'd stuff in their hands can tell more about the usefullness(sp?) of a post-API level-control ?

and what is an m-s box?

Sorry. Do you have figure-of-8 microphone ? Together wirth another mic (card. polar pattern) you can do Mid/Side-micing. You need to do some processing whiuch can also be done with a few mixer-channels, but you can also make a dedicated box for it.

While there are much more thorough info-sites about it, the first one that comes to mind is the one where I read about it first:
http://www.paia.com/msmicwrk.htm
http://www.paia.com/msdecode.htm

Bye,

Peter

Hi Fabio,

Melcor sounds very interesting. Sounds, mellow, ´old´, vintage, whatever you call slow slew rate and bandwidth... :)

That sounds good. Applications would mainly be to put 421/57/441 near (not close) to gtr-amps or with some other mics near (not close to :wink: ) drums.

The OPA+637 thingy sounds more precise, like Forssell992 opamp, very close but with I hear a more pleasant bot and top end on the 992.

Sounds like the 1731 has more 'color' (sorry). Would be nice, since for total accuracy I have already some Behringer pre's :grin: , sorry, I should say: I could build a Green or SSL9k.

I already contacted someone @ The BlackMarket for some 1731-PCBs but only later found out I'm not sure whether or not you are selling these as well. I didn't see them at your Buy-PCBs page, but I'm not sure if that lists all PCBs you have available.

Well, if you do I'd be interested, but let me first then await the response of the BlackMarket-PM (Jay).

Bye,

Peter

Latest posts

Back