Green Mic Pre - Clipping led / 100uF or 47uF?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ln76d

Hello everyone!

That's my "virgin" post!!

I know that topic it's pretty lame, and not many people now are interested with this project but little help will be very useful for me.
I've read many posts about green pre, META too, but i didn't find answers for two things.
I'm planning to make quad green mic pre v1 with psu v6.

In comparision of v1 and v14 - C1,C2,C11,C12 have changed values from 100uF to 47uF. Which of them will be better?
GMPv1.jpg

Second thing! Could anyone have some schematic or idea how adapt in this circuit clipping led?
I don't want to apply led vu meters.

For any helpfull information, ideas or mods i'll be gratefull.

C1, C2, C11, and C12 are simply DC blocking caps.  100uF should be fine, but make sure you use the 63V rated ones, as they will be blocking phantom power at the input.  Panasonic FC work great here.  using 47uF will raise the LF cutoff point of the circuit, but will still sound just fine.  Many commercial mixers use 47uF on the inputs to block 48V phantom from getting in to the input of the pre.  I'm afraid I can't help with the clipping LED right now, but there are many schematics out there that you could draw from.

Cheers,
Zach

ln76d said:
Anyone?
Especially important thing for me is clipping led circuit?
Could somebody help?
I'm planning to order parts on a days so please guys help me if You have any idea.

Here's a really nice one I've used before on page 2/4.
http://www.soundskulptor.com/pdf/mp73-schematic.pdf
Best,
Bruno2000

Latest posts

Back