Any MATLab DSP guys in the house?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom,

Have u peeped the stuff at ucapps.de?

MIOS uses PICs and is v powerful - there's guides for connecting relays for switching too...

Cheers!

Holy shiznitz!

Labview is proper expensive - $4k+ for the full version. I wonder if my uni has it....by the looks of what I've read, it still requires the c+ code from MPLAB to control a PIC etc.

daArry - I checked MIOS out a while ago, but I will look again, if it will make life easier then thats great. I've noticed you've raved about the ucapps stuff before - the control surfaces look awesome.

Cheers for the heads up again.

Tom

I use MATLAB very often since I'm an EE. I used it for just about every type of simulation as an undergraduate, and I'm still using it in graduate school. I'm taking a Digital Audio Signal Processing course this semester where were will be designing algorithmns (sp?) to do some really neat stuff. If anyone is intersted, I can post some files for people to check out when I complete the assignments/projects. Once I get some more details I'll either post back here or start another topic.

And as another member stated... MATLAB is very slow with loops, so avoid them if possible. Think vectors... Think matrices.

svart, might want to try something like a basic stamp... they let you use a way simplified language called picbasic.

That said, pic assembly isnt too horribly hard. I have tons and tons of pic stuff if you need any help/materials getting started.

Sorry, the thread slipped off the bottom of the page.

Boy this place moves fast - good job we got the drawing doard now - I like it!

Greg, please keep us updated with your algorithms - would like to check 'em out if you do some cool projects.

Its fun designing filters in MATlab - definitely have a play with that if you haven't.

tmbg, is it OK if I may PM you when I get stuck and need some help later on?

Cheers Tom

Latest posts

Back