Major Career Change Thoughts - Any Advice/Anecdotes Are Welcome

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everybody wants to run away and join the circus, but few make a good living at it.

Don't expect too much wisdom from free internet advice.

JR
I treat it like my time in the Army. I would not give up a day, but I can't recommend ANYONE does it. If you need advice/encouragement to do it... your own business is, likely, not for you.

I treat it like my time in the Army. I would not give up a day, but I can't recommend ANYONE does it. If you need advice/encouragement to do it... your own business is, likely, not for you.
I would gladly give up my 1 year, 6 months and two weeks after I was drafted into the army... I stopped learning useful life lessons pretty much after the first day.

My brother (RIP) who was drafted a few years before I was, gave me some very useful advice about how to negotiate my time inside the green machine. Like if standing in front of a row of lawn mowers don't volunteer to drive. 🤔

JR

My brother (RIP) who was drafted a few years before I was, gave me some very useful advice about how to negotiate my time inside the green machine. Like if standing in front of a row of lawn mowers don't volunteer to drive. 🤔
Is that the brother you refer to as "the smart one"? He does seem to sound like it.

Is that the brother you refer to as "the smart one"? He does seem to sound like it.
The smart, oldest, brother never smoked cigarettes and is still alive.

My middle brother and younger sister both smoked cigarettes... RIP.

Figuring out how to get by in the army is not exactly rocket science, but I was able to take advantage of his two years army experience.

JR

PS: If my oldest brother was all that smart he might not still be living in CA, but he is plotting his escape.

Latest posts

Back