telefunken w695 repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salomonander

Hey
i just posted this but it didn't show up. so please delete if im double posting now.
i have to repair a telefunken w695. not working at all. the obvious problem are two burned transistors (T603, T604) and a smoked looking resistor (R628) which i already replaced. everything else "looks" to be in good shape. i also replaced C121 and C122.
now im wodering if i should replace anything else close to these componennts just to be safe before connecting the power supply - i guess there was a reason they burned up in the first place. any help is apprecciated.

ps: i dont know how the damage happenned so no clues there. im still guessing that someone connected 24V to the audio out which comes straight from the burned transistors - in which case the trasformer might be damaged as well?

Attachments

• w695.pdf
    271.6 KB · Views: 30
darn it.... replaced all parts connected to the burned transistors but the thing is still dead as a duck. anyone have an idea? might i be right with my broken transformer theory (given that someone connected 24v to the audio out)?

Back