Lindell 6 slot 500 rack

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno2000

Anybody tried one of these?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/506Power?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CPHE7dz0yrgCFQto7AodCSoAdg

Thanks!
Best,
Bruno2000

Haven't seen one, but looks like an aluminum extrusion with end plates, kind of clever, simple (the modules sit on the extrusion end face rather than inset) with nice little threaded inserts in the extrusion. 

Little (MLCC) caps on each power rail must be part of the HF noise filtering for a switching supply.

I can see why  , with three products , they'd offer a 6 space to go with stereo channels of their's 
so you have something to use them with and can buy a package ,  too timid to compete with the 8-10 space market ?

From sweetwater

6-slot chassis for 500-series modules
Lightweight aluminum enclosure
No-noise, high-frequency switching power supply
Overload and short-circuit protection
Includes protective neoprene bag

It's extruded aluminium alright - and looks/feels better irl than the picture conveys.

I saw it at the Frankfurt show, where we shared a booth with Tobias.

He was pretty proud of the smps, that they'd managed to get such low noise at such a crammed space.

Nice guy, and some very good products considering the price.

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
It's extruded aluminium alright - and looks/feels better irl than the picture conveys.

I saw it at the Frankfurt show, where we shared a booth with Tobias.

He was pretty proud of the smps, that they'd managed to get such low noise at such a crammed space.

Nice guy, and some very good products considering the price.

Jakob E.

Interesting. Maybe its the surface finish that makes it look like plastic to me. Any idea what the surface finish might be?

Cheers

Ian

That makes more sense, the are on the power rails but I can't tell if they go to ground or are in line. 
abbey road d enfer said:
bruce0 said:
Little (MLCC) caps on each power rail must be part of the HF noise filtering for a switching supply.
They are labelled "F". Mmmmmh... could they be resettable fuses?
That makes more sense, they are on the power rails but I can't tell if they go to ground or are in line. 

Most cards do some filtering on board.  It is just that with a high frequency inductor on a little flat PSU that fits between the backplane and the back panel (which appear to be relatively tight but there are no XLR solder joints on the backplane so I think it is more than on the 51X, must be a second PCB in there) I imagine there is some issue of noise pickup by the power rail traces.

Fuses makes more sense, and it makes sense why they are accessible, which is a nice design in case they fry.

bruce0 said:

Those aren't MLCC caps. They kinda look like tantalum caps but the reference designator is "F" so they're likely resettable fuses.

-a

PS: yes, SMD caps are pretty much necessary for switch-mode power supplies.

Latest posts

Back