Haufe RK173 info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etheory

Hi there!

I got a hold of a whole bunch of Haufe output transformers with the designation RK173.
I really wanted to use them but couldn't find any info on them, until last night.

After a stupid amount of searching I finally found info on them via an old Telefunken V676b schematic I had from Kubarth's site.
On the schematic the output transformer was designated as R173, and I noticed it had a single primary, and two secondaries wired in series, and marked as 1:1.7 - so I thought I was onto something.

I then remembered another poster mentioned an ebay posting mentioning them as 1:0.85+0.85, which perfectly matches the 1:1.7 designation.

Then I noticed that I also had the full service manual of the V676b device, including the footprints for the transformers, and they matched mine, so I knew I had it.

I will post the pin-outs, and create an Eagle footprint for the transformer tonight and post it here.

The schematic also suggests they like a 3.3K loading on the primary to work properly.

I know a few other people wanted this info.

I want to use these on my TG1 an on my eJFET compressors.

I'll post up an LTSpice part once I make it.

In the meantime, here is the schematic symbol for it:

Attachments

• R173_from_V676b.jpg
    R173_from_V676b.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 40
I'll convert this into an Eagle part soon, but....

for the moment here is the footprint:

Attachments

• R173_from_V676b_Footprint.jpg
    R173_from_V676b_Footprint.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 24
I just measured one with an Atlas Peak LCR40 at 1kHz and got the following values:

secondary A: 417.6mH, DCR: 5.7R
secondary B: 414.6mH, DCR: 5.0R
primary: 548.2mH, DCR: 4.1R

- for anyone whom might require this info.

cheers.

Back