RFZ F713-c Fernbedienung schematics/info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

synthiaks

Hi everybody,

I habe been a silent observer of groupDIY for some time but now I decided to take the step and become a member!

To my problem, I have 2xRFZ V713-1h limiter/compressors but not the "fernbedienung (remote control) F713". Does anyone have any info/schematics of this unit. I have figured that to get the full features of the V713 you sadly need the remote control which is quite hard to find to say the least..

Regards

Sebastian

Well it seems I choose one hell of a starting question!

Anyway, I have now more info about this, and almost the schematics. And will keep everybody posted about how I'm coming along. Who knows, it might help someone else in the future.

I'm still interested in all the Info's I can get so if someone know about these quite obscure GDR compressors just shout.
And as said I still only have 'almost' the schematics for the F713 remote control

Regards

Sebastian

It seems there is not very much inside... (Unfortunately no schematic!)
fernbediengerat_f713_1c_1287860.jpg

fernbediengerat_f713_1c_1287861.jpg

I know that is what made me think about doing a version myself. Sadly on the pictures you couldn't tell what value the parts had inside but i have found schematics for it now. Im going to make a Board for this unit.

As said I'm going to keep updating this thread as I go along.To help others with this problem (if any)

S

Hello !
I have a pair f713 in the Studio and i use them quiet a lot,even in my vintage Mastering Chain they were used for the Premaster.I don t have  the Remote,nor i connected a Meter.I have a Board with 2 Transformer,2Germanium Transistors(Probably to rectify the Controlvoltage) some Condensers,Resistors,connected to two 100ma Meters.I don t have any Schematics,and the F713 has two Multipin Connectors,so my reversengeneering was nt good enough to connect the Gainreductionmeters properly.I realy would like to have a look at any usefull Information about these wonderfull Units.I am also interested in building a Remotecontroll if this Post goes on.The Rfz Gear is exremly underrated in my Point of View.My Units were in the Mainbuss in the famous Gdr Theater Metropol East Berlin,Friedrichstrasse,were i found then in 2001 in the Trashcan,after the Theater was sold to Stellamusicalcompany.They ripped out everything from this beautifull Place and put everything in the Trash.Everything,but the later already replaced Westtechnik which they sold.i was lucky enough to save some of the historic Units.I also use the 732/ 734 eqs and v341 Preamps alot and they won a few shoutouts against V76/72a /276/372 s .From the Design they are much more Neve isch than the Tab/Telefunken Transistorpreamps in Terms of the Outputstage ( Singleended,class a instead of the Pullpush Westgerman style in most Amps) It s a pitty and shame ,they through most of the Rfz Stuff in the Trash,after the West took over.I was a Victim of Propaganda also,because in Westgermany everybody,even in school they told us everything from Gdr is Trash.So it took a while to realyse what i found.After I brought them back to Live I would never say again that Gdr Electronics suck,or the often heard Phrase "ok,for there limited possibilitys they did it quiet ok.I think the Eastgerman Engeneers did a great Job,like  the Westgerman did.Btw,I am not a Kommunist. I hope we can exchange some information.
Thank you very much.    Lothar
Greetings from Berlin

Great!

Im happy i got some reply! I was thinking for a while that i was the only one here that were interested in the GDR tech.

Der Eber: Thanks a lot but now i have both the schematics for the remote and the compressor. But im always interested in any other GDR service manual. They are just fantastic read. Sence the lack of copyright in GDR the circuits are all explained in Detail And not in General as with the Western schematics!

What im looking for now is schematics for the Kölleda KV813/2 Knotenpunkt Verstärker so if someone has that one i would jump and scream!

Lothar: when I have made the PCB for the remote I will tell you and I can give you 2. Tell me if you need the schematics as I have them 2

Seb

And by the way, I dream of these containers at night. Someone told me stories about smart people going in with trucks an rescuing as much as they could from the dumpsters after the wall came down.
I was to young at the time and discovered it through a DM622 microphone that I bought dirt cheep. I didn't expect it to sound as good as it did.

My theory is that the "treuhand" that sold out the GDR assets dirt cheap that wanted people to beleave that nothing that was made in the GDR was worth anything. A few people in the west made a lot of money out off this myth.

I still would kill for one of the Lorenz pre RFZ preamps!

S

synthiaks said:
Great!

Im happy i got some reply! I was thinking for a while that i was the only one here that were interested in the GDR tech.

Der Eber: Thanks a lot but now i have both the schematics for the remote and the compressor. But im always interested in any other GDR service manual. They are just fantastic read. Sence the lack of copyright in GDR the circuits are all explained in Detail And not in General as with the Western schematics!

What im looking for now is schematics for the Kölleda KV813/2 Knotenpunkt Verstärker so if someone has that one i would jump and scream!

Lothar: when I have made the PCB for the remote I will tell you and I can give you 2. Tell me if you need the schematics as I have them 2

Seb

I have a photo copy of the kv813 schematics somewhere I will pm you when I have found them.

dolo72 said:
synthiaks said:
Great!

Seb

I have a photo copy of the kv813 schematics somewhere I will pm you when I have found them.

Jumping and screming!

Just tell me if there is anything you are looking for or need, who knows i might help!

S

Hello!
Seb : Thank you very much for your nice offer.I have a few Schematics,Documents,and my Studiomate has a also some.Maybee we could put them together and scan them and post them in the Document section.If a few People are interested i realy would  like to give something back to this Place were i learned so much.There is a lot of Information and love for the consumer,RFT Consumer hifielectronics out there ,but there is almost no deeper Information about the RFZ  professional Stuff in the Net,here and there you find some Schematics but no further Information and i couldn t find a good Collection of audiorelated GDR Equipment.
I think one of the Reasons for the good Sound of these Units is the Quality of the Transformers.I know that the Cmv and UM57 Gefell Tubemic Outputtransformer are of different Quality and can differ a lot,some are good,have good lamination,some just use dynamoiron,due to materialresourceproblems,but that s not true for the RFZ Stuff.I tried to find Information about these Trannys,but if any it is a very flat Info only.I have dissablebed a few of them,to analyse and I am planing to rewire them with a different Ratio for my Micbuilds.Some Mic/small Signaltrannys have a E/I Core made of a high Nickelmetall, most of them have a M core .I found different Metalls for different application.The Au35 Outputtranny has like many others a MU Metallcore,some use a very thin Lamination made from a Metallmix with quiet a lot of  aluminium.Some use a kind of M 6\4 Iron,some are black,maybee with a Cobaltcontent.Each winding has a copperfoilshield and some have Airgapps, created with the stacking of the M cores in the same Direction or with  Plastikspeacers  between the Lamination. Some of Them cary dc  where a Gap is needed to avoid Coresaturation, some are Capitorcoupled to block dc, but have a Airgap nevertheless, don t know why . That  s why some of them have quiet a lot of windings but a low Impedance,Inductivity. I try to learn more about the Theory of Audiotrannys but it s pretty hard for me because of he Complexity  but I don t give up.
Thank You very much.
Lothar

Lothar:

I think that is a good idea! Its a shame that its so hard finding info about the GDR studio equipment, where do I upload the schematics?

S

Hello Seb.
On the Homepage you find the technical Documents.You can open a new Post and upload the Documents .There you find a describtion witch Formats are allowed.During the next Week I will try to select the RFZ related Documents i have ,scan  and upload them .
Have a nice Weekend.
Lothar

Does anyone have the schematics for RFZ F713 compressor limiter ? Also the remote would be good, ive just bought one.

I hope this thread is not completelly dead already. I'm just digging for info about these compressors.  There are different revisions of V713.  1a,1d,1c and 1h. 1h version is with IC's on board. The rest is completelly discrete design. Althought there are visible changes, Less trafos in later versions 1c,1d. Version 1a seems to be the oldest and fully loaded with electronics. I have schematics only for version 1d and I can share it if somebody is interested. My question is: Do you have had experiance with different revisions of these comps?  I'm looking for schematics for 1a and 1c versions.

I have schematic/unit 1h. Ic's are transistor array and an opamp.

It would help if you have schematic of F713/1h, and J713/1 or J736/1c

tommia said:
I have schematic/unit 1h. Ic's are transistor array and an opamp.

It would help if you have schematic of F713/1h, and J713/1 or J736/1c

tommia, could you send me a V713/1h schematic copy please??

Do you have the V713/1c or V713/1d too??

Thanks
Opacheco.

Latest posts

Back