Re: Small run PCB fabricators
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 10:46:25 AM »
Hi...i am a new user here. To get rid of Copper adhesion i added some meat to my footprints for that one part  and even those boards were completely usable. I would have never noticed the copper adhesion strength if I wasn't trying to swap out tiny SMD x4 resistor arrays with an old school heavy soldering iron. 

pcb assembly
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 04:25:15 PM by JardCrocker »

Andy Peters

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 01:03:20 AM »
I would have never noticed the copper adhesion strength if I wasn't trying to swap out tiny SMD x4 resistor arrays with an old school heavy soldering iron.

Wrong tool. Use a hot-air rework tool.
"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band"

JohnRoberts

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 12:20:09 PM »
Wrong tool. Use a hot-air rework tool.
Um yes... You are responding to a comment I made in jan 2014 (that the poster cut and pasted without attribution)... I have purchased two hot air stations so far (first one died).

I did experience one batch of prototype PCBs from Gold Phoenix back then with inferior copper adhesion. I compared the bare boards to a previous lot from the same vendor and there was a demonstrable difference.  The boards were adequate to serve as prototypes, and I ordered later orders from them with no obvious copper adhesion problem.

I reported it to them but they never acknowledged the problem. They probably were sold a substandard lot of copper clad by some shady vendor (in China) and didn't want to deal with replacing lots of orders. 

I mentioned the association of blown pads with use of an iron as a warning for others. Even with good copper adhesion, small pads will be more sensitive to overheating. 

JR
Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 03:15:37 PM »
Thank you for sharing this thread.

My quote was $610 cad for 5-10 CTC Helios Cards.

I am completely fed up with pricing out parts. It may be time for some Strong Bows and Cheap Scotch to purge this injustice.
If you are curious, you'll find the puzzles around you. If you are determined, you will solve them.
Erno Rubik

john12ax7

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2020, 05:51:03 PM »
You can look at pcbshopper.com to do comparison shopping of various places.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2020, 07:03:26 PM »
You can look at pcbshopper.com to do comparison shopping of various places.

Thanks John12ax7!

We actually just placed an ordered with Golden Phoenix. Price with delivery, $160 cad for 12 CTC Helios Cards.

If you are curious, you'll find the puzzles around you. If you are determined, you will solve them.
Erno Rubik