• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: 1176 Rev D - Nearly complete. Two available!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarguy12387

Hey guys,

Unfortunately, I don't have the time for much DIY lately and need to liquidate my pair of 1176s that have been sitting on my bench. Both are for sale.

These are identical rev d builds from hairball kits (Wima caps, metal film resistors, EA iron, matched FETs, t-attenuator, etc) and purshua cases.

To be clear: they need troubleshooting! It's been about a year since I put them together. From what I recall, they were passing audio and the meter circuit appeared to be working, but no compression. I remember taking voltage measurements and there were a few nodes in the input circuit that were a bit off (but the PSU voltages are fine). Both were exhibiting similar behavior. I suspect a wrong resistor value or something.

Anyway, they are just taking up space, so I'd just like to recoup some costs. The rev d hairball kits (unassembled) are going for $595 USD. I'd like to get $550 USD (+shipping) for each. If the right drum set (only need shells) came along, I might be up for a trade :).

Let me know if you have any questions. Here's some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20140126_161001_659.jpg
    IMG_20140126_161001_659.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 114
Back