• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Grab Bag New Parts/Transformers: For stereo 1176LN rev D (Hairball) + more

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovypower

* Scroll down for tons of pics! *

I am selling this large pack of transformers and parts. I originally purchased them to build two beastly 1176LN Rev. D using mnats PCBs and Hairball parts. Sadly, I never got around to it and now I have a family to feed.

Here is an itemized list of what is included (click for more deets):

If purchased brand new, the above would cost roughly $500 USD. My price is USD$275! My loss is your gain.

Please read these basic but important points:

• All items are brand new. I opened the boxes to take pictures. Should be complete. Might be missing easy to find mounting hardware.
  • I am selling this as a single lot. Sorry, no exceptions.
  • I cannot provide any support to the purchaser on these items - as such, I only recommend experienced builders buy this.
  • Some of the transformers can output legal doses of electricity. I am not responsible for any damage you might create to any person or thing. Please be safe.
  • I will be shipping from Canada.
  • Buyer to pay actual shipping costs (iron is quite heavy), which must be trackable.
  • I will prioritize purchasers in USA or Canada
  • I accept PayPal and ship to confirmed addresses only.

Here are the pics, click to enlarge :)

• @athnony : rec'd, I have replied!
  • @rackmonkey: sorry, I am only selling the whole lot as a complete unit.

Update for those who have been asking: Here are the specs on the custom SumR toroidal transformer (perfect for a 2 channel preamp with windings for 48V phantom and isolated digital control and/or metering).

• Dual Primaries @ 115VAC / 29VA each
  • Secondary Winding #1: 44VAC / 8VA (perfect for generating 48V DC phantom)
  • Secondary Winding #2: 20VAC / 14VA (to generate your positive rail)
  • Secondary Winding #3: 20VAC / 14VA (to generate your negative rail)
  • Secondary Winding #4: 9VAC / 14VA (originally designed as isolated source for digital control circuitry)
  • Epoxy center (easy to mount) with a 7.2mm (5/16") center hole
  • 12" wire leads
  • 3.5" diameter x 1.3" height

I have a full spec sheet with more accurate measurements (including characteristics under full load) if you are interested just send me a message. Richard Sumr is respected for some of the highest quality in the lost art of custom-wound toroidals.

Latest posts

Back