Sturdiest chassis in the EU?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XAXAU

I'm looking for the sturdiest / highest quality chassis available within the EU.

I see that a lot of folks order  from modushop.biz and then front panels from frontpanels.de! Is this the best combo available?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm going to put 12 DOA's, 12 transformers and a big PSU in a box and I need it to be the business. Also I have the "overkill" mentality!  ;D

Thanks!

Hi,
I was actually looking for the same thing.

And the only shop I found was exactly modushop.biz.

I guess for your type of project you might think in designing a chassis yourself and have it made locally in a metal shop.

I've seen some really good 4U and 5U cases made by friends locally and it's top notch. Although small quantities will bring you an higher price.

Frank's "NRG-Case" boxes are quite robust as-is - I worked with them, and I wouldn't hesitate to build a massive power amplifier in one of those.

The question is if you want something that LOOKS heavier in a hifi-sort'ish way - in that case the Modushop's are the way to go.

Just remember that no matter how sturdy your case is, you MUST support back end of it when racked if it's really back-heavy, so massive enclosures primarily makes sense if you are not planning to rack-mount, or you have a dedicated back-supporting power-amp-rack... Which again means that if you still want a 19" unit, you must come to terms with the fact that you primarily do it for aesthetics..  :)

Jakob E.

Back