PAR Metal cases

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

Doing a "branch" from:

https://groupdiy.com/threads/screws-size.86403/
For nearly two decades, I've really liked PAR rack boxes....both "off the shelf catalog" and some quasi-custom ordered versions. Prices and delivery times are reasonable, and quality has been excellent. No, I'm not a pimp...LOL!

ONE important thing is to use a Dremel (or whatever) and carefully remove a small area of paint or anodizing that will be beneath the heads of each of the various screws that attach the metal parts together. Otherwise, you will have random metal parts that are not electrically tied together for shielding purposes.

Since the front panel is connected to the shell via the handles, I used the Dremel to remove most of the anodizing from the flat surface of the rear of handle and a similar area on the front panel surface where the handles sit. You can't see the "hack" when the front/handles are all assembled.

I guess if I was going "totally anal", I coulda/shoulda add a large diameter bolt(s) on the front panel and used a short strip of copper braid tied to similar bolt(s) on the chassis pan!

Bri

Last edited:
Back