TL Audio C2001 Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott2000

TL Audio Indigo C2001 4 way hybrid tube microphone preamp. I have had to source various parts for it including some of the 2k2 trim resistors that are for output trim and output balance. There are no test specs for this unit and I was wondering since new tubes, some resistors, caps and these trim resistors were installed, is there any way to make sure these resistors

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=CB10LV222Mvirtualkey20420000virtualkey279-CB10LV222M

are set correctly using the schematic (Page 2 of I/O PCB schem)?? RV1,2,3 and 4 are output balance trims. Does that mean I need a scope to see if pins one and two of the xlr outputs are equal for each of the four output xlrs? If so, is there a method I can use?I don't have a scope but do have software I can generate tones with and use the spectrum analyzer in the software as well. I'm not really experienced beyond testing components and don't know how to interpret what affects what in a circuit that would help me with this. I just wasn't sure if these resistors ( RV5,6,7 and 8)affect the opamps or anything else in a negative way if they aren't set correctly. Is this a THD/distortion type adjustment? I'd appreciate any direction. I know it's asking a lot for a method I can use. There has to be some type of calibration I would imagine. II have a tech I can bring it to but, without a schematic, it may be easier to tell him what I need him to check for???Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2001_Schematics.pdf
    754.7 KB · Views: 27
Back