Trident 80 Correlation Meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andow

Hello!
I'm looking for a schematic of the correlation meter PCB from a Trident 80 console. Unfortunately there's nothing in our folder...
Thanks!

pucho812 said:
the series 80, 80B and 80C did not have a correlation meter as an option... IT most likely was installed as an after market item.

The desk is hybrid and VERY custom. It's an 80 (not B, label and frame suggest), with 36 original mic pres and equalizers, but with 24 additionally patchable Trident TSM series EQs, normalled in channel 1-24 send/return jacks, but patchable independently, where needed.
The EQs are mounted in the middle of the board, between blocks of channel 1-18 and 19-36 respectively. It might be the only 80/TSM hybrid in existence, we never found any information... Build suggests it has almost certainly originally been built by Trident, though.

The PCB driving the correlation meter is without doubt marked as "Trident" including the logo and I imagine it had been originally built into the TSM or Trimix series boards. If anyone is familiar with those, please confirm!
As far as we understand, the pcb  seems not populated like original: at least two caps appear to be missing/bridged on the pcb. This could be the reason for malfunction, we encountered very heavy oscillation (up to rail voltage), we've already checked or exchanged mounted parts/ICs without success... That's why we stripped this pcb from power supply - the desk is quiet. We don't desperately need it, but still would like to revive the corr.meter ;)

Fotos coming next.

I stand corrected....

CB9209 would be  something trident would label a PCB... wow... that's rare.... not to many parts on it either.....

Let search the trident file cabinet

radardoug said:
So four opamps, 20 bits, single sided pcb. Should take you no more than an hour to draw it out.

Exactly! That's why I asked if someone could help me out with a schematic - it would save me an hour of work!
And it would be interesting to know from which desk this correlation meter is originally from.
And it would tell me if the missing components have been left out from the beginning, or if they have been removed.
And it would tell me if the values of the components are original or modified.
And it would be a nice addition to our Trident schematic folder.

andow said:
Exactly! That's why I asked if someone could help me out with a schematic - it would save me an hour of work!
And it would be interesting to know from which desk this correlation meter is originally from.
And it would tell me if the missing components have been left out from the beginning, or if they have been removed.
And it would tell me if the values of the components are original or modified.
And it would be a nice addition to our Trident schematic folder.
Yes, it misbehaves though we thoroughly checked the board for faulty parts, shortcuts etc., we even changed opamps. So changed component values and/or the missing parts could be the reason for it to be unstable.
We can only find that out by comparing with the original schematics.

Thats the trouble with you lazy people! Afraid of a bit of work!
If you pull the board out, you can usually tell if the soldering is original. This will tell you if any parts have been changed.
It looks Trident stock to me.
Its a Trident board in a Trident console. Stands to reason it came with the board. You say the board was highly customised but original. There you go.
If you draw the board out then you can put it in your circuit folder. You could also publish it here for others to comment on.

radardoug said:
If you pull the board out, you can usually tell if the soldering is original. This will tell you if any parts have been changed.
Its a Trident board in a Trident console. Stands to reason it came with the board. You say the board was highly customised but original. There you go.
If you draw the board out then you can put it in your circuit folder. You could also publish it here for others to comment on.

Wow, thanks for the lazy people thing.
To end this discussion with you: if nobody can help us out with a schematic, we will draw out the board and of course share it with everybody interested.

Once you have drawn it out, do a bit of a google search for Elliot Sound Products. On his site he discusses phase meters, and has good information on them.

gyraf said:
Strange. I was so sure it was 14.th January 1972...?
How can you compare? Nobody noticed the coronation of Margrethe II! It even wasn't on TV.  ;D
I remember, my mum took me out watching Elizabeth II's coronation at the storefront of a harware store; it was the first time one was transmitted on TV.
BTW, Margrethe II's was on the 15th; you insensitive people waited less than a day after the death of her Pa, when the British had waited 16 months!
Don't think I'm good in history, I'm just not too bad at googling... And I like joking too much for my own good. :eek:

radardoug said:
hahahahaha
I seriously still don't know where to go :D
1.) If the soldering isn't original, it tells me that the component has been replaced. It doesn't read which was the original value, there's no telling without documentation.
2.) As I said, there are missing parts as well. We could only guess what the values where, and why someone left them out.
3.) The console is special, and it looks like it was originally made by Trident including the TSM eq section, but it has been messed with. We found variations that are undocumented, as well as documented ones, and of course modifications done by us (in no connection to the "coronation" meter issue  (;
Could have been messed up by some incautious owner in the past.

Yeah, if we really don't find the schems, we will study the circuit, try to find how it can possibly misbehave the way it did. Then re-dimension parts and rework.
Just refitting original values would be preferable for lazy douchebags like us, of course.

Latest posts

Back