Trident 80 Correlation Meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went through all my trident docs...

I have been unable to find that circuit card in any documentation  from trident I have but  in the process of asking around I have found two different consoles both series 80 that have that meter so it must have been available when they were making those. I am trying to get photos of the cards to confirm  things. 

There may be parts missing on purpose, at my current gig, we do have one or two parts on the circuit boards that are  left off  on purpose and we have never done a redesign of the PCB.

pucho812 said:
I went through all my trident docs...

I have been unable to find that circuit card in any documentation  from trident I have but  in the process of asking around I have found two different consoles both series 80 that have that meter so it must have been available when they were making those. I am trying to get photos of the cards to confirm  things. 

There may be parts missing on purpose, at my current gig, we do have one or two parts on the circuit boards that are  left off  on purpose and we have never done a redesign of the PCB.

Wow, thanks Pucho! Really appreciate your infos!
Pics of other boards would be really helpful to see if the same parts are left out....

andow said:
Exactly! That's why I asked if someone could help me out with a schematic - it would save me an hour of work!
And it would be interesting to know from which desk this correlation meter is originally from.
And it would tell me if the missing components have been left out from the beginning, or if they have been removed.
And it would tell me if the values of the components are original or modified.
And it would be a nice addition to our Trident schematic folder.
Ich finde es ja wirklich traurig, dass andow offensichtlich so im Dauerstress ist, dass er nicht einmal die Zeit findet, zwei kleine Schrauben rauszudrehen und ein Bildlein von der Leiterbahn/Lötseite der Platine zu machen, damit vielleicht jemand anderer die Schaltung rauszeichnen könnte.

analogguru said:
Ich finde es ja wirklich traurig, dass andow offensichtlich so im Dauerstress ist, dass er nicht einmal die Zeit findet, zwei kleine Schrauben rauszudrehen und ein Bildlein von der Leiterbahn/Lötseite der Platine zu machen, damit vielleicht jemand anderer die Schaltung rauszeichnen könnte.
Although I tend to agree with you, I think some members would not be able to tell whether you wrote a poetic ode or a bellicist speech; the rule is English language.  8)

analogguru said:

Finde ich ehrlich gesagt auch traurig...  ;D

It's just that when I'm in the studio there is a lot of other, more important stuff to do right now. If time permits, I'll turn my attention to the correlation meter.

I never expected anybody to draw out the schematic, but I'll take a picture when I'm in the studio again.

andow said:
Finde ich ehrlich gesagt auch traurig...  ;D

It's just that when I'm in the studio there is a lot of other, more important stuff to do right now. If time permits, I'll turn my attention to the correlation meter.

I never expected anybody to draw out the schematic, but I'll take a picture when I'm in the studio again.

We have lots of projects, from refurbishing two tape machines, finishing a 5-channel intercom to diy preamps with compressor - this correlation meter is one of the least important. I would have a lot of use for an analog lissajous implemented in the desk, but not so much for a correlation meter. It's not fast and precise enough to  decide on the exact middle position of a snare drum, f.ex. That said, the metering worked - maybe worse than it's designed to.
But Andy or I will draw out a schem asap, it's not an overly complicated board. But still - 4 dual opamps, more than in many mic preamps or eqs. This is an afterhour living room table project :D (Eva hates me for those)
It's interesting to understand how it works, as well as why it doesn't properly in our case.
Still we appreciate any document, picture etc. of working modules. As I said, we examined parts and pcb, refitted new opamps and measured ESRs etc. But only superficial, because we then looked for original documents, which I we found to be missing from our manuals.

BTW: lissajous - a diy project?

Latest posts

Back