Knobs for DR-MQ5

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hi, everyone!

I just finished building and trouble shooting my DR-MQ5. Now I need to finish getting some knobs on it. I have the same silver ones you see on the DIY-Racked website which RS Online sells (http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/potentiometer-knobs/4672435/), but it seems  the 12.7mm knobs' set screws are placed too high for the exposed shaft length on the front panel and the 28mm ones only have one set screw and they barely hold. Also, when the set screw is tightened down it doesn't stay pointed where you want it from any divots in the shaft. As anyone who had built one of these knows it is a lot of work and it sounds absolutely killer on program material, so selecting sweet knobs is mandatory. I like the looks of the ones that I have, and I want to find something similar, but I might wind up just getting collet style knobs and not worry about set screws.

Thanks!

Paul

I have right at 7.5mm of shaft that is coming out the the front panel, so the set screw height on the knob would need to to be less than that.

Thanks!

Paul

Latest posts

Back