• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

mics for sale M260, MD431 and some more

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frans

Hello, i get old and got too many mics, so a few got to go. All are working and  tested good, otherwise they went to service before sale. I'm not in a hurry so they don't go all at once.
Currently there's a Sennheiser MD431 (version one, not the cheaper mk2) and a "Steffens" branded Beyerdynamic M260, the version with the 80Hz lowcut. In the next week there probably will be an AKG D12 and an AKG D222 dual capsule "rocket" mic, but I got to make a few test recordings first to hear if they perform like expected.

Sennheiser MD431 - i'd like 135€
Beyerdynamic M260 - i'd like 200€

more pics can bee seen on the GS sale  (oh boy, just one pic allowed as attachement here on GDIY)
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gearslutz-secondhand-gear-classifieds/1153511-sennheiser-md-431-profipower.html
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/gearslutz-secondhand-gear-classifieds/1148146-beyerdynamic-m-260-m260.html
Folks using paypal please add 5% as paypal are a bit of a pain occasionally. The mics are located in Bavaria. Postage will be calculated if i know the destination, but for example as a registered "letter" (under 1kg and kinda small) they will go to the USA for 15$ and 10€-ish for Europe or lower.

Attachments

• BeyerdynamicM260_SteffensSB661c_.jpg
    BeyerdynamicM260_SteffensSB661c_.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 12
I just wanted to say that Frans is a trustworthy and reliable guy - we have traded many times over several years.
;)
Stewart

Thanks, Stewart! And let me use this space to say that Stewart is my trusted ribbon guy since many years and i read his blog all the time. (this feedback loop of back-patting...i feel like in the foreword of an american book....)

And I can vouch for the MD432 and M260, both are great mics!  :p 

Can I be in the book now too?  ;D  ;D

Edit: also interested if that D12 comes up for sale!

Hi Frans!

Have you used the M260 with steel string/nylon string guitars? The 80Hz HP shouldn´t be too embarassing?

With love from Prussia ;)

I have used M260s on guitars (and cabs) pretty regularly, they do sound less smooth and silky than, say the Royer 121, which is exactly the reason I use the M260 all the time. For guitar, the lowcut doesn't bother me - it is comparable to the lowend in some of my 60s MD409, which is kinda a bandpass mic IMHO.

For the book - after being on the phone with my publisher we'll call it "the Texas backpatting massacre". And bad news about the AKG D222, i have decided it doesn't sound good anymore and it will be unceremoniously shot behind the house. I hope the D12 does better.

Back