CA-250 EQ // 3 band Sontec in 500 series format

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my kits arrived a while ago, been hectic around here sorry!
very well packed and organized kits! very impressed, will be building both in the next 2 days  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Both of my units have been built and calibrated! They sound quite amazing to be honest, wishing I got at least more.
Any possibility of another kit run in the future?

Just found out about this, and would be interested in 2 kits (partial or full)  if there will be a rerun. Thanks

Hi all,
I finished my four kits yesterday. Finished them all in about 8 hours which speaks for the quality of the kit and manual.
Sounds fantastic, as were to be expected, and are a great complement to the other EQ:s in my desk.
/
Emil

Attachments

• 2018-03-21 17.06.59.jpg
    2018-03-21 17.06.59.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
Wow! Beautiful API desk. Congrats  ;)

Studio Mollan said:
Hi all,
I finished my four kits yesterday. Finished them all in about 8 hours which speaks for the quality of the kit and manual.
Sounds fantastic, as were to be expected, and are a great complement to the other EQ:s in my desk.
/
Emil

Ready for the weekend  ;)

Full_Rack_CA250.jpg

Has anyone experimented with different opamps for the main opa2134? Sounds good as is,  just curious of the possibilities, would any decent dual opamp  be compatible?

john12ax7 said:
Has anyone experimented with different opamps for the main opa2134? Sounds good as is,  just curious of the possibilities, would any decent dual opamp  be compatible?

Hi John,

yes, any high performance dual opamp that runs on +/- 16V will work.

I've tested a bunch and I picked the OPA2134. To me it was the most balanced sound. Tight bass & crisp highs.

Cheers
Gabriel

Latest posts

Back