eco-friendly

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

was out at sweetwater over the weekend doing the dog and pony show.  Amidst the crowds I ran into an eco-friendly rack company. 
While their prices are not inexpensive, the made of  bamboo  eco -friendly tag combined with some nice looking pieces had me taking a few good looks.  If I needed furniture or speaker stands, I am sure I would be calling then. 

https://www.jamracks.com

I used to make racks out of 2x3s.

If you love bamboo, T&G bamboo flooring is readily available. Run Liquid Nails on the groove, jam it into boards, saw.

Speaking of eco-friendly Disney has figured out how to launch fireworks using compressed air, to reduce the air pollution.

I wonder if all the tons of particulate matter launched by fireworks displays cools or warms the planet?

JR

I love the look of solid wood. There is nothing quite like it.

Is is so unfortunate that the 19 inch rack ears and the huge bolts that fix them look so ugly. It is such a convenient way to assemble.  a collection of related gear that it is a real pity it is made ugly by the method of attachment. Wouldn't it be great if therewas some way of hiding it.

Cheers

Ian

JohnRoberts said:
Speaking of eco-friendly Disney has figured out how to launch fireworks using compressed air, to reduce the air pollution.

I wonder if all the tons of particulate matter launched by fireworks displays cools or warms the planet?

I haven't heard about this, but seems to me that not having as many high-power explosives around makes the whole enterprise safer.

Back