Guitar Pedal Issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabasa

Hi,

I've been having an issue with a project I've been working on, and I thought that this might be a good forum to ask, because it is basically a very similar design to a an audio preamp.

This is an overdrive pedal uses an op amp with diodes in the feedback loop for gain and clipping.  It's a very standard circuit, but I can't seem to figure out why it's doing something.  The guitar signal gates at very low volume levels when the gain control is turned up high.

I'm not sure if perhaps it's biased incorrectly with my resistor choices, or if there is an error in the circuit.  Would it be possible to get some help here on this forum?

Thanks!
Gord

gabasa said:
Hi,

I've been having an issue with a project I've been working on, and I thought that this might be a good forum to ask, because it is basically a very similar design to a an audio preamp.

This is an overdrive pedal uses an op amp with diodes in the feedback loop for gain and clipping.  It's a very standard circuit, but I can't seem to figure out why it's doing something.  The guitar signal gates at very low volume levels when the gain control is turned up high.

I'm not sure if perhaps it's biased incorrectly with my resistor choices, or if there is an error in the circuit.  Would it be possible to get some help here on this forum?

Thanks!
Gord

Post a schematic, voltages, a picture over your build and a link to the layout you're using. Pure speculation otherwise, we don't even know what circuit you're building.

Back