Fixing noise issue with Moog MurF MF-105

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, Everyone,

I wanted to share my experience lowering the noise floor on my Moog MF-105. I was rebuilding my pedal board and when testing all of my pedals individually I noticed that my MF-105 had a higher noise than the rest of the pedals. I sent it back to Moog for servicing and they told me it measured within factory specs. They returned it as is but I was determined to solve the issue.

The noise itself remained the same no matter where the output knob was set, so that told me the noise was coming from the output opamp gain setting. I found a schematic for the MF-105 and found the output opamp which was a TL072C, which I changed for a TLE2072A and then lowered the feedback resistor from 4.99k to 2k5. Now I cannot hear any change in the noise floor when engaging the circuit. The only thing different with its operation is that the output control has to be turned up slightly more than before but there is no change in noise floor when doing so.

Hopefully this info will help anyone else who has this pedal or any of the other MoogerFooger series pedals and are dealing with a similar issue.

Thanks!

Paul

Attachments

• Moog-MF-105-Murf.pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back