How to make headbaskets and weld?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winner

I want to do such a basket, I already have a grid mould, but I don't know how to cut off the useless materials, now can only use scissors, I want to know how to connect to his body, I use argon arc welding machine, but I failed, in addition, I want to know stamping grid, layer 2 grids pressed together at the same time, or 1 layer of stamping and welding alone?Thanks! :) :)

Attachments

• headbaskets_2.jpg
    headbaskets_2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 71
Stamp and form all layers together, and solder to frame together.

You can even use an epoxy type glue – whatever you use, just make sure you have good continuity between all layers of mesh and the frame.

Banzai said:
Stamp and form all layers together, and solder to frame together.

You can even use an epoxy type glue – whatever you use, just make sure you have good continuity between all layers of mesh and the frame.

Thank you for your answer. I need to glue them together before I suppress them, right?

In addition, after I was suppressed, four faces were not removed by the mold.Do you know this method?Be able to cut off excess material

Thank you very much

Pretty damn amazing work! Wow! Great job!  :eek:  ;D

Wish I could tell you the answers you're seeking, but someone here can!

Welcome!  :D

Mike

winner said:
Thank you for your answer. I need to glue them together before I suppress them, right?

In addition, after I was suppressed, four faces were not removed by the mold.Do you know this method?Be able to cut off excess material

Thank you very much

What material mesh are you using?

If the stamp is not removing excess, then either your material is too strong, your press is too weak, or your mould is missing a cutting edge. Difficult to know what the problem is without knowing all details.

Did you also leave enough room in your mould for it to fully close with mesh? Need to leave a few mm's space.

We form our two layer grilles in a die similar to yours.
We form them separately.
The outer layer is nickel plated brass, the inner layer is 304 stainless steel.
We put them together in a metal form and solder the edges with an activated flux designed for stainless steel.

Les

leswatts said:
We form our two layer grilles in a die similar to yours.
We form them separately.
The outer layer is nickel plated brass, the inner layer is 304 stainless steel.
We put them together in a metal form and solder the edges with an activated flux designed for stainless steel.

Les

activated flux designed for stainless steel?

Could you please tell me its name, or the picture?

How do you heat it?To melt it and to weld it?

Thank you very much, Les

Latest posts

Back