750k resistor in SSL bus compressor clone for auto release

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

750k resistor in SSL bus compressor clone in the Auto Release section measures around 100k when Auto Release is engaged. It seems there's a parallel resistance somewhere in the circuit. This measurement depends on the attack switch settings. Is this normal? How much does your SSL clone measure when you check this 750k resistor while the Release switch is set to Auto?

I am investigating why my auto release acts too quickly. It never does the floating behaviour and it returns to normal state quicker than 1.2 release.

From reading this

The rectified sidechain DC is now fed thru the bypass switch and one of the bank of resistors selected with the "attack time" switch, to charge a tantalum capacitor selected with the "release time" switch. These release tantalums are bypassed with different sized discharge resistors, each delivering the desired release time. The fifth step on the release is an "Auto" setting, combining two release time constants (91k+6u8 and 750k+u47). This will give short time constants for short programme peaks, but if compression is going on for a longer time, the slow time constant will set in.

If it's combining/paralleling those two values, you'd be close to 100k???? More like 80k....... and those caps influence the times too????

I'm not sure though. Maybe someone can chime in...... And, maybe post in one of the ssl build threads to see if anyone there may respond sooner????

Good Luck!

Latest posts

Back