Neve Compressor Service Manual

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opacheco

Hello,

I have something look like of the Neve 33609 and the 2264 circuit explanation very well detailed; Do there will be the same for the Neve 2254 ?? and Does anyone have a copy that could provide to me please?

Thanks anticipated.
Opacheco

wmarden said:
Bump

I've been looking for a manual of a 2254 for quite some time.... Anyone out here willing to help?

you know what?  this blessed service manual kind would have a very well detailed circuit description part by part.....I understand so well(relatively!)  the 33609 and 2264 almost all the parts functionality inside(in my humble understanding) and I don't belive this kind of service manual description doesn't exist in somewhere!!!.........

Do Anyone have a idea?

Opchaeco.

I think all three compressors are very similar; they are just in different sized packages. The 2254 doc should give you most of what you need.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:
I think all three compressors are very similar; they are just in different sized packages. The 2254 doc should give you most of what you need.

Cheers

Ian

Ian hello and thanks for comments!

The 2264 and the 33609 are very similar in electronics parts and functionality but the circuit of the 2254 is a different in the Compressor and Limiter SIDE CHAIN network. I suppose, like the 2264 and 33609 do, its service manual have the functionality explanation that we look for.

My doubt is about the VOLTAGE REFERENCE in the Compressor and Limiter Release Network. This 2254 use a very different topology in the Capacitor discharge path that I am not understand so well (in fact I am not a expert!); I am supposing the Service Manual talk about the functionality electronical part by part including the discharge and reference voltage by zener diode in the circuit.

Any idea?
Opacheco

opacheco said:
Ian hello and thanks for comments!

The 2264 and the 33609 are very similar in electronics parts and functionality but the circuit of the 2254 is a different in the Compressor and Limiter SIDE CHAIN network. I suppose, like the 2264 and 33609 do, its service manual have the functionality explanation that we look for.

My doubt is about the VOLTAGE REFERENCE in the Compressor and Limiter Release Network. This 2254 use a very different topology in the Capacitor discharge path that I am not understand so well (in fact I am not a expert!); I am supposing the Service Manual talk about the functionality electronical part by part including the discharge and reference voltage by zener diode in the circuit.

Any idea?
Opacheco

Dear Ian,

I believe found my Discharge Path Issue in this unit!!....Please see the Neve 185 Board schematics attached and pay attention to the  22uF capacitor.

The two Schematic the D10,022 and D10,022/A have the negative of this capacitor connected in differents points!!....The Correct is the D10,022/A because this would have more sense from the discharge path for this capacitor, I named the magic capacitor!!

What do you think??

I will wait your comments.

Opacheco

Attachments

• Neve 185 Board Issue.jpeg
    Neve 185 Board Issue.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 122
I would be lying if I said I understand how the 2254 side chain works, but the /A drawing looks more sensible to me. The other drawing has no signatures on it so it may be and un-issued drawing.

Cheers

Ian

ruffrecords said:

Cheers

Ian

Hey Ian, do you know where we can locate 2254 documentation, besides just schematics?

ruffrecords said:
I would be lying if I said I understand how the 2254 side chain works, but the /A drawing looks more sensible to me. The other drawing has no signatures on it so it may be and un-issued drawing.

Cheers

Ian

Ok Ian, I hadn't seen it !!....good point!

Thanks
Opacheco

Back