TC electronic m5000 encoders

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliani

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to replace my M5000's encoders because some just jump the values over three steps for every turn, some just won't change. I was hoping anyone would have experience sourcing parts for these. I guess they are just general encoders, but I was hoping to replace them with original NOS parts...

I'm lucky my PSU hasn't died yet!!

Hey Rob,

I guess nostalgia...?
I just picked up another M5000 wich freezes when hot, So I'll be fitting the DSP cards in min... but I'll recap the PSU, and I'll have to read up on how to improve the PSU as I've already google glimpsed that there was a known issue with it...

I would be happy to replace the encoders with new ones, any ideas on any specifications? I can get them out and look for similar parts, but receiving part numbers from someone who already put his effort in finding out which to use is always beneficial, and less time consuming...  (I'll figure it out someday, but maybe someone knows...)

So after a quick read I figured that the old M5000 I've got with the old PSU (Toroidal etc...) Would be the better one to keep... It' looks as if it has been recapped a while ago, or it still just looks great... with proper heat dissapation going to a large aluminium plate on the sidewall of the enclosure.

The new m5000 I just picked up (for a case of beers  8) :eek: 8)) looks cool with that gold look...
But the PSU looks like crap!! The glue has dried, parts have corroded, parts have been cooking because the plastic foil is black...

So I'll just be replacing the front cover, including the screen and encoders, and knobss... from the new M5000 to the old m5000!

OLD PSU

IMG_8550.jpg

NEW PSU

IMG_8551.jpg

Sorry I can't help you with a part number for the encoders.  Luckily I have not had anything go wrong with mine (touch wood). 
I would like to get the memory card going.  I bought an adaptor card that took the old camera memory cards (the ones before SDcards).  But the m5000 just doesn't see them unfortunately.

I am having similar problems with my M5000 encoders. I happened to have a spare front panel PCB so took one off of there to check the part number. There are no brand markings anywhere but on the bottom there looks to be a part number M24B333. Of course searching for this number brings up nothing.

Attachments

• IMG_3211.jpeg
    IMG_3211.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3210.jpeg
    IMG_3210.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 8
Back