Bumblebee RM-6 - Assembly Video

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got two of his RM-5 but changed the transformers.
I’ve Lundahl in it. I really like his mics.
Used a while for my overheads.
Really easy to assemble and a “good to have” in your mic locker.

I´ve built two RM-6, but I also changed the transformers too Lundahl transformers.
The transformer in the video is not the same as the ones in my kits...

With the Lundahl transformers I got about one extra octave of treble.
I have compared my RM-6 mics to Royer mics, and with the Lundahl transformers they sound very close to the Royer mics.

I made a small voice test (in Swedish) to compare my RM-6 before and after the transformer switch:
https://soundcloud.com/stefan-lindberg-1/bumblebee-lundahl-vs-original-trafo

To those of you that replaced the stock transformer: did you find it installed easily? I've built other microphone-parts mics before, but this was the first time I had built one of Artur's. I damaged the transformer during the build and am wondering if it would make sense to just commit to the Lundahl transformers.

Thanks for the advice!

zasimao4 said:
To those of you that replaced the stock transformer: did you find it installed easily? I've built other microphone-parts mics before, but this was the first time I had built one of Artur's. I damaged the transformer during the build and am wondering if it would make sense to just commit to the Lundahl transformers.

Thanks for the advice!

Yes much easier.
I also had problems with the stock transformer because of the size. After I broke one cable from the stock transformer, i take the mic in the box (get angry of myself), ordered the Lundahl and replaced the stocked transformer with the Lundahl.
The new transformers from Arthur seams to be fit better in the body.

If you contact Artur, he'll send you another redesigned transformer, which is cylindrical, and fits effortlessly in the body. I also ruined one of his toroidals trying to fit it in, and am very glad i got that new one, which sounds very good.

Back