Hello & thanks for bringing me in.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnX

Hi all
I’m John X & I have been deeply immersed in music production since 1981 - starting as assistant engineer, then engineer, mixer, producer, songwriting and composing. I just turned 61 and I still love making music, regardless of which aspect I am involved with.

About two years ago, the DIY bug bit me and bit me hard. I started quite simple with the Bumblebee RM 6 ribbon mic. I chose to up the difficulty level with each next project, and at this point, I’ve done about 20 different things, mostly from kits. - more microphones, microphone, preamp, direct box mods & stomp boxes. The last two projects that I have done were not from kits but from schematics. at this point, the DIY stuff is occupying most of my spare time taken over by very small living room, which has turned into a workshop

I do not have a background in electronics design, so I really don’t know how to read a schematic perfectly yet, so at this point, I’m still reaching out to friends who can help guide me. Last night, I actually considered taking a class so that I’d be able to push through with a little bit more knowledge of the language.

In 1979, I did work as a solderer/assembler for Eventide in NYC. But between then and 2021, the only time I picked up a soldering iron was to repair cables. Now it seems that I’ve come full circle.

I have spent so much time reading articles and gathering information from this site that I finally decided it would make more sense for me to sign up and join the party. You can expect that I will be asking many questions but please know that I will be voraciously consuming any information that you will have to give me on whatever subject I have asked

Thank you all in advance

Here’s a link to some of my work through the years:
https://solo.to/johnx

Latest posts

Back