New NIKFI Microphones

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recording Engineer

Boutique Microphones recently announced pre-sales of some new NIKFI mics; I only mention them as they’re the only I’ve seen announce this.

Here’s NIKFI’s website:
http://mics.nikfi.ru/en

I’m liking the samples thus far, but really would love to know what the review in Russian is saying!

Price-point is around $1300 USD or something like that. Would love to hear comparisons with the Elation KM 901; about same price-point, both transformerless, both Russian-made.

Of course been waiting for the Elation KM 902 since early-2000s, but I’ve seen pictures of prototypes being used in Russia for years now!

Also, I’m waiting for the day I have a pair Nevaton MC 49 O mics in my hand to tryout myself after hearing such great recordings with them!

Anhyhow, anyone with a bit more insight? I’d love to have all these in my arsenal!

I can't find any reference to their capsule patent - other than the jpeg picture of (i.e. un-translatable) the official- and good-looking document in russian..?

Would be interesting if they came up with something genuinely new in capsules, it's been a looong time..

Jakob E.

Back