• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

UA175B Point-To-Point Compressor DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ack

I'm getting more mastering than tracking these day so I want to sell this baby to fund a new DIY project. This is an UA175B Point-To-Point clone built by myself (i'm working as an O&G electrical engineer in daytime), input, output and interstage transformers are custom-made by Sowters, power 220VAC and choke transformers are from Hammond, all components bought from Mouser, tubes from Tube Depot, hand wired and calibrated to spec as stated in manual.

My location is Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
The price is 2300usd, Paypal only. Buyer pay shipping. Manual and schematic will be color-scanned and send by email.

Please contact me at [email protected] for shipping fee to your location, all shipping will be done by UPS Expedited or EMS service with tracking number, it'll be packed carefully.

I'm working in recording and mixing mastering since 2001, have made many 500 serie modules and even a custom summing mixer with pan, mute, inserts, m/s insert on masterbus. To my ears the UA175B compressor is the best transparent action comp with great tone, you may compress up to 10dB GR without noticing any side effect, and add a obvious 3D feel like a halo surrounding the sound passing through.

It is working perfectly condition at the moment, with meter rest at 0dB GR. The sticker is from my beloved daughter, she loves it there 😘. The rest are in-making-progress photos to show the works had been done (in replies).

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    531.2 KB · Views: 98
Back