Dbx 166 XL repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirk Bpmix

My Dbx 166 XL has made a fall from a table.So now I am looking to find the 8 potmeter that are used.Potmeter hve a stamp on it with "alpha".Where can I find this spare parts?

That depends which country you are in. I'd try the usual suspects - Mouser, Farnell, Rapid, TME, Tayda, etc but finding exact replacements for units like the dbx is very time-consuming

Nick Froome

The potmeter are in steps , 21 if I have counted correct.It's also a D shaft.That's not so easy to find.

Dirk Bpmix said:
My Dbx 166 XL has made a fall from a table.So now I am looking to find the 8 potmeter that are used.Potmeter hve a stamp on it with "alpha".Where can I find this spare parts?

Not sure what "8" pot means??? You need 8 pots??? Surely they are different from each other???
..... Probably have to get more specific....

Anyhow, looks like here has a couple ......
attack, peak stop, control............??
https://www.fullcompass.com/brand/dbx-dbx/replacement-parts/

but

pvision said:
That depends which country you are in.

Nick Froome

Hey Nick, did that one replacement for your 120 ever work out for you????????

Potmeter inside in a dbx 166 XL.
Gate threshold B 50 K  Gate release nothing on it

Threshold    B 50 K  Ratio B 50 K  Attack    A 20 K  Release    A 50 K Outputgain    B 50

Limiter B 20 K

I live in Belgium.So what I already found is the limiter pot part  DBX 40-2134 Peak Stop Limiter Pot for 166XL and the  DBX 40-2132 Attack Pot for 166XL.
Most needed is the B50 K.  I can ordersomewhere  one , the rest arrives mayby after 6 weeks.

Back