MySpace loses 50 million songs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck getting anything back from evilspace anyway? I had some stuff on there and for 5 years I tried desperately to get them to remove it. I ended up getting a hold of the parent company...hee hee...and they got their fingers slapped. After 5 years of fighting...tons of emails...broken and endless contact links, ignored requests for my content....I got an email AND an apology. Next day, deleted. Thank God. I can't stand too big to fail.

I work hard trying to make those ones fail.

Some other ones like this were profile engine(I sent a nasty letter to the attorney general of New Zealand).

What actually remained of myspace wasn't worth anything anyway. There was no resurge to go back on there, etc.
It was basically abandoned.

MySpace seemed to "loose" data every few years. I was 14-16 during the prime years of myspace...and unfortunatly had many photographs that the only copy of them existed on MySpace. Maybe one day those embarrassing photos will resurface again! Haha

we had an engineer over here loose about a minute of recording due to a power outage and not doing auto save. lesson learned. I can just imagine  who is going to lose their job over this.  I bet their face is red.

> who is going to lose their job over this. 

At MySpace?

For losing users' stupid songs?

And saving MySpace a LOT of server storage?

I'd say they did MySpace a minor favor. Maybe the users also....

Back