Northern California/bay area people?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iampoor1

Howdy

Would love to get together for some beers or hangs with fellow nor cal/bay area members. I am in modesto. Do any of you get together on the regular, or have any good networking recommendations? If anyone else is in the modesto area, you are more then welcome to come to my repair shop, but that's probably not as fun as sipping on some brewskies.  ;D

pucho812 said:
We used to do this at every AES up in S.F. and in NYC. Sadly this fell by the wayside over the years, especially with AES moving elsewhere.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. Yeah and our local AES chapter in norcal hasn't met in years (I know the last elected chapter president).

Are there any informal get togethers in LA? I will be in potorville in a couple of weeks and might head down to network if there are any decent opportunities.

iampoor1 said:
Ah, yeah that makes sense. Yeah and our local AES chapter in norcal hasn't met in years (I know the last elected chapter president).

Are there any informal get togethers in LA? I will be in potorville in a couple of weeks and might head down to network if there are any decent opportunities.

We do both formal and informal. Our AES chapter meets once a month.  We also do informal grabs for coffee, or beer or Mexican food.  ;) From there we have the brain trust aka the Hollywood sapphire group of which I am a member.  There is much history there and we meet once a month on the first Tuesday of each month. We have an informal dinner along side a presentation or two each month. Some of the presentations are quite  technically  deep and great, others are technically light and great.  Then there are others which I can't mention, not because I am trying to be too cool for school but because the people set them up do invite only types of things and such, in other words not for me to talk about and leave it to them.  So yeah depending when you want to come down  there may be a to doing going on.

pucho812 said:
We do both formal and informal. Our AES chapter meets once a month.  We also do informal grabs for coffee, or beer or Mexican food.  ;) From there we have the brain trust aka the Hollywood sapphire group of which I am a member.  There is much history there and we meet once a month on the first Tuesday of each month. We have an informal dinner along side a presentation or two each month. Some of the presentations are quite  technically  deep and great, others are technically light and great.  Then there are others which I can't mention, not because I am trying to be too cool for school but because the people set them up do invite only types of things and such, in other words not for me to talk about and leave it to them.  So yeah depending when you want to come down  there may be a to doing going on.

Very cool. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah I totally get that...i checked out the Saphire group website and wow, quite some well known names there!  8)

I'll shoot you a PM when I have a better idea of time/availability. Thanks so much!

iampoor1 said:
Very cool. Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah I totally get that...i checked out the Saphire group website and wow, quite some well known names there!  8)

I'll shoot you a PM when I have a better idea of time/availability. Thanks so much!

yeah  I am luckily I get to hang with the cool kids.

Latest posts

Back