Altran catalog

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They seem to have division catalogs for -
    EMI Filters
    Motors & Blowers
    Photo Controls
    DC Contactors
Go to the bottom of the product division and you will find the catalog PDF links.

That site’s a work in progress. You can’t get at any audio product descriptions from the site navigation, but if you search “audio site:altrancorp.com” on Google, it brings up hidden links to the 3 or 4 audio products they’ve built pages for. Couple of inputs and a couple of outputs.

They do a lot of OEM work as we know here, but they don’t make it easy for individuals to buy from them. Shame. I have a couple of 4:1 tube outputs they built, and they’re nice transformers.

rackmonkey said:
That site’s a work in progress. You can’t get at any audio product descriptions from the site navigation, but if you search “audio site:altrancorp.com” on Google, it brings up hidden links to the 3 or 4 audio products they’ve built pages for. Couple of inputs and a couple of outputs.

They do a lot of OEM work as we know here, but they don’t make it easy for individuals to buy from them. Shame. I have a couple of 4:1 tube outputs they built, and they’re nice transformers.

I remenber that a few of diyers used their mic transformer C3402 on  MA1 germanium pre.
They said me it sounded very nice. IMHO, I tested  it personally and I like it so I added the C3402 on MA1's components list as option. Its price was very fine too. 
Just to add my opinion.

What do you need? Hairball stocks the 3837

https://www.hairballaudio.com/catalog/parts-store/audio-transformers/c-3837-1-input-transformer

a catalogue would be very nice, prices list too.
The tapped inductors may be very interesting, just for an eq.

I think that a group buy might be interesting if discount prices for quantity are good.
For the C-3402-2 may be an idea.  ;)

john12ax7 said:
C-3402-2 is a 1:4  mic input

If you do get a catalog it would be useful to everyone, they also make tapped inductors for EQs

The C-3402-2 can be used with 1:8 configuration too.
The  C-3402-2 has two primaries. With these ones  in series the ratio is 1:4. If the primaries are in parallel it becomes 1:8.
The socket is CMMI-8PCA compatible, so it can be used on 312 clones. 

Moreover Warm WA412 uses  Altran ones on input and out, but seems that these transformers on WA412 are custom products.

We had a groupbuy here for their API style transformers 8ish years ago.
I really like them...
My fav 312's have the Altrans on the input.

Altran C 3402-2 - api input
Altran 3865  - api output

I contacted them years ago to buy more but never heard back.
I'd grab a box full if available.
From memory, the inputs were $35 and the outs $15.

Back