Re: SCV Electronics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueNan

abbey road d enfer said:
SCV Electronics RE209 (including period mistake of connecting Pin 1 to audio ground... :(

Hi, i just scored a SCV RE-209 and i am having a look inside. Great build and design, everything modular and perfect to work on. I like it very much.

I am going to recap and clean controls in the next days.

The 4559 opamp used everywhere but in the main board (which uses 5532 and 5534). I was wondering, maybe i can use a modern replacement for this one?  Which one could be suitable for the task?

blueNan said:
The 4559 opamp used everywhere but in the main board (which uses 5532 and 5534). I was wondering, maybe i can use a modern replacement for this one?  Which one could be suitable for the task?
Well, the 4559 is far from being obsolete. It's hard to find a better part that would not be more demanding on power rails.
I would investigate the TI OPA2210 that has better noise perf, but it's available only in SMD so you would need adapters (you can buy those from AliBaba for about $1 apiece).

Thank you very much, that is the exact info i needed - I will leave the chips for now,  just recap and clean.

On the TI OPA2210 possibility, how can I find the SMD > through hole adapters?
I did different searches in alibaba but could not find them.

blueNan said:
Thank you very much, that is the exact info i needed - I will leave the chips for now,  just recap and clean.

On the TI OPA2210 possibility, how can I find the SMD > through hole adapters?
I did different searches in alibaba but could not find them.
google SOIC adapter.

Latest posts

Back