SSL4K re-build

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

Theres a studio in the area that has a 4k chassis (64 channel) and about 80 channels worth of strips, a couple of center sections, power supply and computer.  Guy asked if I could help put a 24 channel back together and he was going to part out the rest of the strips (if anyone is interested, black knob eq's).  It looks like most of the wiring harnesses are still in place, but just wanted to know if anyone has any things to look for or watch out for whilest attempting this.  If theres any documentation handy that someone could point me to that would be great as well.  Thanks in advance.

sr1200 said:
... If theres any documentation handy that someone could point me to that would be great as well. ..
Here is the service manual for G  version, maybe that would be useful for you.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachments/high-end/652625d1492094409-ssl-4000g-service-manual-ssl-4000g-console-service-manual-v1.1.pdf

sr1200 said:
It looks like most of the wiring harnesses are still in place, but just wanted to know if anyone has any things to look for or watch out for whilest attempting this.  If theres any documentation handy that someone could point me to that would be great as well.  Thanks in advance.

Hi, there's a lot of things you should look after while doing that. There's also a lot of documentation available.

You have to go in this forum:

http://forum.sslmixed.com/index.php

it's a forum of SSL desk owners that still try to maintain their consoles, you have all the info you need there and also a lot of knowledgeable and helpful people there.

sr1200 said:
Thanks for the link!  That looks great and the documentation page has so much stuff.  Appreciated!! ::cheers::

Yes, it's a great forum. There's still a lot of 4K consoles being used and SSL doesn't offer repair services for those for a long time, so that forum is run by owners to help restore and maintain their consoles.
There was even a nice project over there were people were trying to do a new computer and software for the 4K automation

Back