iturnknobs

Re: team politics talking points.
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2020, 07:27:51 AM »
My 15 year old daughter just turned around after the first 5 minutes and said "what is happening?". I really felt bad. :(
That was absolutely nuts.
Oh well onward and upwards... No where to go but up...
That's what I sorta thought before RBG died. 2020 and Trump probably aren't finished with us just yet...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 07:31:19 AM by iturnknobs »
Election 2020.  For the people, not the money.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #141 on: September 30, 2020, 09:39:00 AM »
Your punchline is really funny, John.  From what I gather they may be re-investigating Hillary's emails for the 8 millionth time--hard-hitting stuff.  Until Durham starts looking into the role of the New York FBI office in pushing Trump's candidacy(there's plenty of evidence of that, but they were helping Trump, so they're obviously just "patriots"), I'll just assume his investigation is another partisan Republican witch hunt. 
Glad I can keep you amused.

It is increasingly looking like Hillary planted the Russian collusion theme to distract attention from her email shenanigans.

Comey is testifying to senate committee (virtually) today. It will be interesting to hear his response to some new questions raised by information recently declassified.

EDIT:  And surely you'd like an investigation into Trump's finances, just to make sure no foreign entity happens to pay Trump money or relieve him of one of his excessive debts while coincidentally Trump uses his power as president to effect US policy to favor said entity?  Now that we're finally getting some insight into Trump's massive, personally guaranteed debts, I'd say that merits a much closer look.
President Trump was a business man so didn't engineer a history of tax returns designed to read well politically. He is not being accused of breaking any laws, just doing what typical business people do, not what typical politicians do.

JR

PS: Speaking about a peaceful transition of power, how do we characterize the 2016 never ending attack against the duly elected Trump administration by individuals inside government, including the failed impeachment attempt.
It's nice to be nice....

iturnknobs

« Reply #142 on: September 30, 2020, 09:50:44 AM »
Not a debate - a clusterfuk. I couldn't watch the asshole's off-the wall nonsense for more than a few minutes; he's like a two year old having a tantrum, no getting through to him. Completely  unmoderatable, non-stop blathering, couldn't shut his mouth even when Biden told him, "Will you shut up, man." That's when I left.

Please re-watch the debate. You missed all the propaganda talking points and attacks... which appear to be working on certain members here. I will have to be forcefully removed from my polling place to silence me if some jerk in military fatigues with a gun shows up(as Trump suggested/implied). I don't need a gun. I'm brave without one. Go ahead and shoot me, f*cker. Who's the snowflake now?

iturnknobs

« Reply #143 on: September 30, 2020, 11:13:47 AM »

con·serv·a·tive
/kənˈsərvədiv/

noun
a person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in relation to politics.

It is increasingly looking like Hillary planted the Russian collusion theme to distract attention from her email shenanigans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVVTZgwYwVo

living sounds

« Reply #144 on: September 30, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
President Trump was a business man so didn't engineer a history of tax returns designed to read well politically. He is not being accused of breaking any laws, just doing what typical business people do, not what typical politicians do.

More like a business-man actor. Like I wrote before, any half-wit would have been able to multiply the fortune Trump inherited, simply by putting it in an S&P 500 exchange traded fund and never touch it.

Instead he went from failure to failure, creating no real wealth, growth, innovation at all. Until he met a TV producer. And again, the money from that show went into more failing business ventures.

Under the light of day he's just an appaling failure and (using his words) "a total looser". It's truly cringeworthy.

And yes, there is ample ground to believe he broke several laws, let's see if he goes to trial after he looses in November. Given his personality profile he will probably share Epstein's fate.

Worst. President. Ever.

hodad

« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2020, 03:10:24 PM »
Glad I can keep you amused.

Conspiracy theory much? 

There's a man named Ockham.  He's got a razor that I think you should meet.  These defenses of Trump demand belief in a widespread conspiracy spanning both parties and numerous govt. agencies.  Mr. Ockham might suggest that it's far easier to believe the actual concrete evidence that a sleazy businessman surrounded himself with sleazy people and ran a sleazy presidential campaign, but that would be contrary to what you want to believe.

john12ax7

« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2020, 05:44:26 PM »
Watched some clips of the debate,  if you can even call it that.  The system is obviously broken when you end up with these two as the top choices. Does anyone really feel that either is qualified to lead the country?

hodad

« Reply #147 on: September 30, 2020, 06:06:07 PM »

He is not being accused of breaking any laws,

Tax evasion could certainly be on the table though. 

hodad

« Reply #148 on: September 30, 2020, 06:55:19 PM »
including the failed impeachment attempt.

The impeachment was successful.  Trump is and always will be an impeached president.  He was not removed from office, which was the failure of the Senate.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 07:37:21 PM by hodad »

Recording Engineer

« Reply #149 on: September 30, 2020, 07:16:37 PM »
Does anyone really feel that either is qualified to lead the country?

Plenty of people say this every election. What truly makes it different this time? When the President of the United States refuses to call out White Supremacy groups and instead calls on White Supremacy militias (not the National Guard) to stand by, on national television, and it doesn’t instantly put chills in absolutely every American, let alone all leaders to condemn it immediately. What’s to come after election results are in? Damn.

john12ax7

« Reply #150 on: October 01, 2020, 05:18:33 PM »
Plenty of people say this every election.

Unfortunately it has been true for a rather long time.  And a big part of the reason things are in such a mess as they are.

living sounds

« Reply #151 on: October 01, 2020, 09:34:04 PM »
Unfortunately it has been true for a rather long time.  And a big part of the reason things are in such a mess as they are.

I can't say I agree with the premise. Obama, the Clintons, Mitt Romney and John McCain were all qualified. Biden is qualified and will do fine, but he is indeed very old. It's pretty clear why so many people thought it must be him this year.

Bush was severly lacking in many ways and Trump is obviously not remotely qualified.

But even if it were true, it would qualify as a symptom, not the cause. There are a lot of causes big and small that contributed to the current mess.

Matador

« Reply #152 on: October 01, 2020, 11:23:49 PM »

They are both unqualified in the same way as jaywalking and first degree murder are both crimes.

living sounds

« Reply #153 on: October 02, 2020, 06:34:58 AM »
They are both unqualified in the same way as jaywalking and first degree murder are both crimes.

Over here it is just a traffic violation.

iturnknobs

« Reply #154 on: October 02, 2020, 07:58:13 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/politics/live-news/trump-coronavirus-positive/index.html

May karma run its course...

Can we start calling it the "Republican Virus" now? Looks like the Nazi rallies in LaCrosse and Green Bay are off.

Can't wait to hear Trump making fun of Biden for wearing a mask at the next debate. HA!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 08:06:43 AM by iturnknobs »

iturnknobs

« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2020, 09:05:21 PM »
Call the police and have all "Trump Army" poll watchers removed from YOUR local polling place.

edit: notice there is nowhere to sign up if you follow the link. Dog whistle?

iturnknobs

« Reply #156 on: October 07, 2020, 06:29:17 AM »
It's been 12 hours since Trump laid out his plan of extortion/blackmail, refusing to hear any discussion concerning C-19 relief... he'll deal with it if he gets "re-elected". That's GOTTA be illegal. Not that "law and order" matters anymore.  Goldman Sachs has publicly declared that a democratic sweep would be the fastest road to economic recovery. Jerome Powell, chairman of the federal reserve has warned of dire consequences without economic relief.  Anybody wondering where the guy who wrote "Art of the Deal" is on this one? What a businessman. He has knee-capped the economy. He has knee-capped the WH. Many of our top military leaders are in quarantine because of his reckless behavior... but Fox News' top article is about the Russian collusion HOAX(feel free to argue the definition, then refer to Miriam Webster: they make dictionaries)  AND Hillary's emails in case anyone is interested. Hey Republicans: HILLARY WAS NEVER PRESIDENT. The article concerning the Trump funding impasse didn't even show up until one hour ago and it's at least 10th in order/importance. They didn't even use his name the first time they published it. This ego-driven narcissist will crash our country into despair from Nov to Jan out of spite upon losing the election. He's going to outdo the Great Depression. Mark my words.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 06:47:25 AM by iturnknobs »

Matador

« Reply #157 on: October 07, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »
Quote from: @realDonaldTrump
Nancy Pelosi is asking for $2.4 Trillion Dollars to bailout poorly run, high crime, Democrat States, money that is in no way related to COVID-19...
As usual, this is an easily refutable, baldfaced LIE.

john12ax7

« Reply #158 on: October 07, 2020, 03:45:35 PM »
As usual, this is an easily refutable, baldfaced LIE.

You are using the previous stimulus data to make conclusions about a future stimulus,  which will not necessarily have the same distribution and allocation.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2020, 04:23:28 PM by john12ax7 »

Recording Engineer

« Reply #159 on: October 07, 2020, 03:48:35 PM »
So DHS’s latest official report released says violent white supremacy groups is the US’s great domestic threat right now. Note that it’s not the team-politics talking-point of BLM and ANTIFA and instead a part of Trump’s base. Can’t believe things like this actually have to be pointed out or that it still changes no one’s mind. Amazing.