bluebird

Re: team politics talking points.
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2020, 07:20:20 PM »
LOL. Paul, I had to login just to laugh at that... ;D

Gold

« Reply #181 on: October 17, 2020, 08:21:59 PM »
LOL. Paul, I had to login just to laugh at that... ;D

I said that right after the election and it went unremarked upon. I think it’s funny but I’m only half joking. He’s persona non grata in NYC. He’s also broke so he’s got to work.

JohnRoberts

« Reply #183 on: October 18, 2020, 09:48:28 PM »
New campaign "vote for your life" for easily scared young people. There are some slick persuasion experts working this time.

JR

Don't only half-ass tune your drums. Visit https://circularscience.com to hear what properly "cleared" drums sound like.

Recording Engineer

« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2020, 02:45:10 AM »
It should be pointed out that I see it just as much on both sides and certainly not scared young people, but instead, equally across the age ranged. You’re right, they’re so slick that it might be working so well on us, we refuse to simply look at ourselves to ask if it’s working on me. It’s always someone else.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:54:26 AM by Recording Engineer »

iturnknobs

« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2020, 06:55:06 AM »
New campaign "vote for your life" for easily scared young people. There are some slick persuasion experts working this time.

JR

My previous life is gone. In order to maintain my previous health insurance, it will cost $26,500/yr out-of-pocket before even a penny is covered by insurance. I'm not scared. Nor are these "young people" you reference. "Slick persuasion expert" must be a another Merriam-Webster definition for people realizing they are getting f*cked by a party who believes in no regulations to protect the common person... isn't there a New York Post article you're dying to push?
Election 2020.  For the people, not the money.

« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2020, 06:57:35 AM »
Breaking: Doesn't matter who you vote for. Nothing will change. It never does.

iturnknobs

« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2020, 07:09:24 AM »
Breaking: Doesn't matter who you vote for. Nothing will change. It never does.

I have watched things change considerably across the past 35 years. The percentage of taxes that large corporations pay has changed immensely. The divide between the rich and the poor has widened. I could go on and on, but think there is no need. I feel your message is dangerous by influencing people to not vote. VOTE. It should be compulsory. Trump would have never had a chance to divide our country if this were the case. VOTE.
Election 2020.  For the people, not the money.

john12ax7

« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2020, 03:22:39 PM »
I have watched things change considerably across the past 35 years........The divide between the rich and the poor has widened.........

I agree with you.  But during this time both parties have had their chance in power and both widened the divide.

« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2020, 01:54:47 PM »
I have watched things change considerably across the past 35 years. The percentage of taxes that large corporations pay has changed immensely. The divide between the rich and the poor has widened. I could go on and on, but think there is no need. I feel your message is dangerous by influencing people to not vote. VOTE. It should be compulsory. Trump would have never had a chance to divide our country if this were the case. VOTE.
You've watched 35 years of things getting progressively worse under Blue and Red governments.

That's not change. It's continuation.

« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2020, 10:30:53 AM »
Of course it's perfectly normal that Trump has a secret bank account in China.
Jeffrey Toobin: "This is the most embarrassing week ever."

Rudy Giuliani: "Hold my pants..."

hodad

« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2020, 11:20:46 AM »
Of course it's perfectly normal that Trump has a secret bank account in China.
It's a corporate bank acct. Per the NYT: 

In 2017, the company [Trump International Hotels Management] reported an unusually large spike in revenue — some $17.5 million, more than the previous five years’ combined. It was accompanied by a $15.1 million withdrawal by Mr. Trump from the company’s capital account.

That doesn't look suspect at all, does it?

« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2020, 01:26:00 PM »

That doesn't look suspect at all, does it?

It sure doesn't.  Nothing to see here at all...

???   

Gold

« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2020, 01:49:54 PM »
One thing about lying Trump is that he has a strong tell. If he's accusing his opponent of something you can bet he's been doing exactly what the accusation is. That way he can say the made up stuff about his opponent it much worse than what he completely denies.

Matador

« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »
If he's accusing his opponent of something you can bet he's been doing exactly what the accusation is.
What I can't wait to hear is a) how it's actually Obama's fault, and b) how Hunter Biden is implicated.

crazydoc

« Reply #195 on: October 21, 2020, 04:33:10 PM »
All I have to do is call up the head of every Wall Street firm, head of every major company, the head of every major energy company, ‘Do me a favor, send me $10 million for my campaign.’ ‘Yes, sir.’ They say the only thing is, ‘Why didn't you ask for more, sir?’

Don't forget, I'm not bad at that stuff anyway, and I'm president. So I call some guy, the head of Exxon. I call the head of Exxon. I don't know,” How are you doing? How’s energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits?”. When I call the head of Exxon I say, ‘You know, I'd love [for you] to send me $25 million for the campaign.’ ‘Absolutely sir.’
 I will hit a home run every single call. I would raise a billion dollars in one day if I wanted to. I don't want to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmfVTOnfWos

The way things work.
Luckily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
The secret of happiness is having low expectations.

hodad

« Reply #196 on: October 21, 2020, 06:36:30 PM »

crazydoc

« Reply #197 on: October 21, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »
Quid. Pro. Quo.
I think the reason he "doesn't want to" (can't) do it is because the quidgivers aren't very confident he'll be around to give them their quo.
Luckily, there is more than one way to skin a cat.
The secret of happiness is having low expectations.

boji

« Reply #198 on: October 22, 2020, 09:44:07 AM »
https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/10/19/2008530117

My takeaway: We each have different maps for word association depending on political persuasion, and I read the article to imply shifts in perspective mainly occur to senders, not recipients-- One's self bias gets strengthened out of efforts to persuade.

« Reply #199 on: October 22, 2020, 11:35:29 AM »
Dutch 'Ethical' Hacker Logs Into Trump's Twitter Acount:
https://www.volkskrant.nl/cs-badaa815   &

https://dutchreview.com/news/dutch-hacker-guesses-trumps-twitter-password-in-7-tries/

Meanwhile, in other news:

"HILARY'S EMAILS!"