Rob Flinn

Mogami multicore colour code
« on: July 25, 2020, 09:16:21 AM »
Hi

I need to repurpose some Mogami multicore for a client.    The outer jacket is black & all it has written on it is "Mogami".  The inner cores have a grey jacket with no number ident.  Does someone have a colour code chart for the inner cores please ?

Best

Rob
regards Rob

Ricardus

Re: Mogami multicore colour code
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »
Mogami might have published a color code for this, but I'm not sure. I worked at an audio cabling company and we used a lot of Belden like one of out competitors 2 hours up the road, but we both used different color codes.

You would be perfectly OK just making up your own if you can't find anything published.

Belden published this, for example:

http://www.beldenkorea.com/pdf/emea/23.17-23.19.pdf
Audio mastering for hire..

pucho812

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 04:36:52 PM »
Older mogami wire does not have the ez-id that they do now. Older snakes with all grey  outer sleeving On the channels   usually has  2 conductor and shield. The conductors are usually 1 x clear wire and 1 x colored wire that usually would follow the resistor code colors
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.

drpat

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 07:24:35 PM »
Depending on the number of pairs in the bundle.... Pucho is correct, use the resistor code, however, with grey jacketed pairs, this only works until you get to '10'.

Current Mogami uses the color of the jacket (for the individual pairs) as the first number, and the 'hot' wire as the second number of the resistor code.

So....

'2' would be black jacket and red 'hot'

'13' would be brown jacket and orange 'hot'

'24' would be red jacket and yellow 'hot'

I have only seen the grey jackets in 8-pair, so not sure how they do things past '9'
I use the LA2a on very hot signals like lead vocal.

Rob Flinn

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 07:32:44 PM »
Thanks for the responses guys.   I'm not sure they are going to be too helpful with this particular 24 pr cable.  I think I'm going to have to buzz it out with a meter.
regards Rob

pucho812

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 11:33:25 PM »
Depending on the number of pairs in the bundle.... Pucho is correct, use the resistor code, however, with grey jacketed pairs, this only works until you get to '10'.

Current Mogami uses the color of the jacket (for the individual pairs) as the first number, and the 'hot' wire as the second number of the resistor code.

So....

'2' would be black jacket and red 'hot'

'13' would be brown jacket and orange 'hot'

'24' would be red jacket and yellow 'hot'

I have only seen the grey jackets in 8-pair, so not sure how they do things past '9'

I think they just repeated it but I could be wrong. I haven't seen mogami  snake with all grey outer sleeves  in ages.
You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is.