Anyone got a CMC6 schematic?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CMC6 is a Schoeps Mic Body that supports 12-48 volt phantom without any switch as the CMC3/5 have.

I'm curious if they are simply using a pair of output transistors with higher breakdown voltage, or if there is something more complicated to it.

The schematic is on the web of the cmc3/5 (I don't remember the site right now) IIRC the change is a resistor the schematic IIRC a short ot 6.8K change has a number of different valuse for different phantom or 12V power.

I would guess the resistor would be changed to a regulated power supply or maybe just a constant current device. The cmc3/5 schematic shows voltages for the emitters of the output devices.

I opened my CMC6 again and have to say i did not remember correctly. It was not the tantalum but one of the electrolytic caps that caused problems. I replaced both (220uF and 47uF) and the noise was gone.

Thanks for the hint. Tantalums should not easily die if used properly

Unfortunately is not that simple, there are some brands and models of old Tantalum caps that fail a lot on their own. The worst is that most of the times they fail short circuit.
Just do a google search of "tantalum fail short circuit" and will find for sure many testimonials.

You have nothing to loose in replacing all Tantalum and Lytic capacitors for good quality new and modern caps.

Therefore the schematic would be nice to have to see how the implementation is done...

If I remember correctly CMC5 and CMC6 circuits are almost the same, there's just some small diferencies, I don't remember now what they were.

But if you search in google "difference between schoeps CMC5 and CMC6" you'll be able to point out the differences and use the CMC5 schematic to fix your mic

Latest posts

Back