Passive Baxandal EQ and phase?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the cameras used to shoot citizen kane were enormous monsters that could only be tripod mounted, a modern day linebacker couldnt hand hold one of those things. It wasnt until many many years later that lightweight studio equipment would be introduced. Lightweight camera gear came shortly after the introduction of tape on film sets.

dave

sterlinghayden.jpg

"Ever seen a Commie drink water, Mandrake?..."

ED: I have the passive circuit matched to 600 ohm xfmr input.
Build out atten to isolate xfmr may be too much of a gain hit tho=(

I love the 3 inch depth of focus in Barry Lyndon. What a chunk o glass. (ed: with the snappy new "t" grain emulsions, he cooda bought a stop and a half)

In the making of the Shining doc attached to the box set, you see Kubrick on his back pointing up against the refrigerator door at Nicholson with an Arri BL4 and a guy holding a light bulb for fill.

Garrett Brown sent Kubrick a demo reel of steadicam shots and Kubrick wires him back with a full description of how the apparatus worked based on shadows he saw off the wall in the reel.

"Any capable Photointerpeter could have described it", Kubrick wrote.

And I agree, that stupid crane lowering an operator who started walking thru the crowd shot didnt count in my book as the first best use of it.

Rolling Garrett in a wheelchair with an illegal 1 watt rf video assist around the hotel was. And the maze.

Not in a malicious way. I just found some film mates in the most unlikely place. =)

The passive circuit got built and it was fine except for the insertion loss, so I will keep at around for it's original intent.
But thanks!

We now return you to regular programming.

Finished the eq. Works great with no power just pluging it into a good mic pre with about 45db of gain. Nice alternative to use for guitars during mix.

I'm using a new computer and this is the first time I've seen the one you posted. I can't wait to try that one. I can't figure out how to add a picture, but the schematic I used was listed as a Baxandall Passive Circuit on the link I posted. It used"
500K tapers for hi and low
100K res.
180K res.
10K res.
330pF Cap
4.7nf cap
3.3 nf cap
330pf cap

Latest posts

Back