1073 style diy pre amp transistors voltages

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedsorvino

Hi. i’m building a pair of 1073 style preamps and i’m using the proaudiogc pcbs.
So far the results are bad, since it seems like i’ve hit a dead end. Maybe some grounding thing.
The triple deck thing is a Really weird thing. No signalfter most settings of the switch. There is also a 10k gain pot. I can’t even figure out what amount of signal should i feed it (without any transformer for testing purposes) for testing.
I’m using something like a 1k 300mv sine (unbalanced in a di box and then taking the balanced signal to the device under test- it has served me very well in other builts).
I couldn’t find any bc 184c and i used bc 547c. Apparently they are working ok according to some other users.
Could you please help me debugging the thing by providing working voltages around the bc 184c transistors?
I supply it with 24v dc.

Just for future reference these are the correct voltages for all transistors on a 1073 powered with 24v dc

https://thedonclassics.com/nv73eq/schematic/NV73_schematic.pdf
Mine are correct so apparently bc 547c can substitute bc 184c. My problem lies elsewhere. To start with my output transistor 2n3055 seems dead. But since i have no actual signal on other gain stages towards the in, i think i have a short somewhere, or the signal has to be higher.

Another observation. For testing purposes something a simple 1k sine of 100mv is good for the 3 first positions. For the next 3 the amplitude has to be around 40mv. For the next 3 around 15mv. And for the last 3 around 5mv.
Then all will be good.

Back