• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 10x Telefunken 6AU6 / EF94 for Sony microphones C800 C37

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi, I sell this 10x original HQ Telefunken tubes with "diamonds" between the pins and red tips. Produced in Ulm/Germany. Tested as good as new.

Make me an offer, trade possible.

Sold!

Edit: second batch sold as well, all gone...thanks to the two buyers for friendly comnunication!👍

Last edited:
Hello,

Have you checked these tubes perfectly fit a SONY C800 ?

Years ago, a friend of mine bought some NOS 6AU6 for his C800, and discovered the tubes were of a superior diameter than the original " Sony " tube.... and could not fit... :-((

Best,
Guy

Sold! Thanks for ultra fast buy! Cheers

Have you checked these tubes perfectly fit a SONY C800 ?
No, only C37 and C800 clones. I have no C800g ;) , I am very interested if they fit or not. I got more of this kind of tubes.

Can anyone confirm whether these tubes fit the C800g or not?

Last edited:
What does the red dot signify ?
The C800G has a close fitting metal sheild around the tube , it was probably unwise to advertise as compatible with that mic when you have know way of knowing .

Sold! Thanks for ultra fast buy! Cheers

No, only C37 and C800 clones. I have no C800g ;) , I am very interested if they fit or not. I got more of this kind of tubes.

Can anyone confirm whether these tubes fit the C800g or not?

Hello,

Your announcement was quite misleading !

10x Telefunken 6AU6 / EF94 for Sony microphones C800 C37​

No mention it was only for clones.
You had to write, at least : " Never tested on a real C800 or C37 "

Best,
Guy

The C800G has a close fitting metal sheild around the tube , it was probably unwise to advertise as compatible with that mic when you have know way of knowing .
Your announcement was quite misleading !
No mention it was only for clones.
You had to write, at least : " Never tested on a real C800 or C37 "
Gentlemen, I have of course researched the web beforehand and there are sources that suggest that these tubes will fit into the C800g microphone!

There is no reason to publicly lecture me here or even to accuse me of deception.

When I sell or exchange something, I communicate with the interested party in detail beforehand, all open questions are clarified and of course I also take back what I have offered if someone is not satisfied, which has never been the case after more than 15 years and numerous sales and exchanges!

So stop lecturing me here and putting me in a bad light, take care of your own business and stay out of my sales threads.

Excuse me, I asked what I thought was a legitimate question about the red paint .
If its part of your own in house quality control and testing system thats fine too .

I built one of my own tube mics with a Mullard EF86 , incorporating a close fitting metal sheild and heatsink around the tube , I only realised later some other EF86 have a different diameter bulb .

Excuse me, I asked what I thought was a legitimate question about the red paint .
If its part of your own in house quality control and testing system thats fine too .
Calm down, I think you're misjudging the situation. I am not a professional tube seller, I am a private individual with around 250 tubes of various types. I sell my surplus stock here from time to time, as I also like to buy up lots that I don't need (all of them).

Of course I don't have any "in house quality control and testing system ", I have an old tube tester that tests the emission and the filament 😅 . The tubes on offer have also been tested by my source on a Funke W19. I trust my source, he is a good old man, I have only had good experiences with him so far.

What really makes me angry is again the insinuation that I would paint any red color on tubes!

Of course I don't do that, because that would be deceptive. Check the internet to see what that "red tip" means, I don't feel like explaining it to you anymore.(n)

It's really amazing what you have to listen to when you sell ten tubes for 70€ plus shipping here.

Save your lectures and mind your own business.

I picked up a box of 100 military grade 6AU6's some years back for 50 cents each , so Im probably ok .

The only reference I could find to a red dot on a tube was here ,
https://www.phaedrus-audio.com/shop.htm
but I thought the Phaedrus was a solid state device .

Back