1176 alternative VU Meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spencerleehorton

Hi all,

Happy new year, don’t know whether this has already been covered but I have Rev A and Rev D which both don’t setup correctly with alt  Vu meter.
Sifam Al29 is normally used but I had some A&H Vu meters which measure 600ohm and needle goes up to -3db when checking with MM on diode mode.
I want to adjust the two resistors to allow for these type of Vu meters rather than have to buy the sifam ones and wondered what I would have to change R67 and R16 too?

hi All,

well it seems changing R67 and R16 and giving it some serious tweaks has got me through all 3 steps, now voltages look good everywhere!!!
I should add i used 200ohm trim and 25k trim as didn't have 10k, 200ohm for R67 and 25k for R16.
I realise now that this compressor really does need a real VU meter and not all Sifam Vu meters are true VU meter but are audio level meters.
Im not sure what i've done here exactly and how much distortion is now present due to what i've done but i'm much happier with the unit now presenting near correct voltages.
Hope this helps some people.

regards

Spence.

Latest posts

Back