24-pos ELMA switch 10k. Convert to 600R use.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed the 5k "fine trim" pots from my center section years ago. I did not see a need for them.

jsteiger said:
I removed the 5k "fine trim" pots from my center section years ago. I did not see a need for them.
I'm actually about to do just that. I'm going to replace with switches for L-R swap and a mute for one of the speakers. Maybe even an alt speaker switch.
The question is if the din pot will load the level switch when not engaged?

Yes they do. Maybe the dim pot can be changed to a higher value? 100k maybe? 1:10 rule. I'm sure Ian can shine a brighter light on that.

jsteiger said:
Yes they do. Maybe the dim pot can be changed to a higher value? 100k maybe? 1:10 rule. I'm sure Ian can shine a brighter light on that.

I'll stick with the switch as is. I don't have time for this mod to go crazy. Maybe in a while if things slow down I will get back to it. Thank you both for all your help!!

The dim pot is connected all the time so it always loads the pot. If the dim drops the level by about 20dB then I think it would be safe to replace the 5K dim pots with 50K ones. This would significantly lighten the load on the 10K pot and still have a reasonably low source impedance when engaged (about 5K if dim is 20dB). I am not sure is is necessary to trim the dim level. I would be tempted to replace the dim pots with a couple of fixed resistors.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back